Idea for Soaking Grates

I've used a 2500 psi power washer on my stainless steel grates before, I was still disappointed at how clean they were afterwards. I just can't see soaking them really making a huge difference.

Would this be a winner in soaking my 22” Weber Kettle Cooking Grate?

I calculate that the cooking grate for my Weber Performer Deluxe measures 21.5 inches from top to bottom.

The price on Amazon is $40.

Attachments

• 4EBAFE86-7A17-4CC5-9F49-A72895830C32.jpeg
    4EBAFE86-7A17-4CC5-9F49-A72895830C32.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 6F92B4BD-EBF7-4B31-AF5E-2159DFA50E0A.jpeg
    6F92B4BD-EBF7-4B31-AF5E-2159DFA50E0A.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Received above item. Tested it. Perfect. Completely submerges entire 22" Weber grate except for the handles. The hardest part is finding a level place to put it.

I actually didn't buy this for my 22" Weber grates, they're easy to clean with hot fire. I bought it for my 18" smoker grates.

my 2014 wsm still has the original grates, however Ive cleaned them so many times I think the finish is coming off...when clean they have a copper like look to them in some areas. I used the easy off bbq edition spray and then final wash with dawn liquid and that did well to get everything off with scrubbing ....

Soak the grate in hot water and Dawn dishwashing soap huh?

My grate might need a lot more elbow grease than the guy on the video used.😬

So, this is an absolute serious question. Other than cleaning the grill to sell it, why would you need your grates that clean? Is it just a preference thing?

How you clean your grill to any length is a personal choice. The main reason I posted the last video was because it has a nice pan that he uses, and I thought someone would like to try it. I know I bought one and have had great results.

Back