I will just leave this here

It was for a charity auction, and charity it was. I don't think they got more than $125 for it:(. I learned a lot from that experience. Back then you could still buy a lot of the parts for an x000 from Weber, which is what I did. Spent way too much and went overboard (which I still tend to do :rolleyes: !) But, it was for a good cause, and I know the guy who got it and felt like he was deserving of a break.

I had a lot of fun getting that tile piece off that the seller had glued on there! Here is an article that OfferUp did about me several years ago. The first picture shows me working on that frame and the article includes that grill restore at the end:

OfferUp Article_Page_1.jpg
OfferUp Article_Page_2.jpg
OfferUp Article_Page_3.jpg
OfferUp Article_Page_4.jpg

Very cool Jon, I spent way too much on my restore also. It would have been worse if I could have still obtained some of the parts that I ended up having to actually restore. I had to repair holes in my drip tray and repaint it. It came out fine, but I really would have liked to buy a new one. Anyways, I'm supposed to get my cookbox back tomorrow so hopefully I'll be posting my finished results .

I think everyone that starts rehabbing grills does that on their first couple before they learn some of the tricks of the trade. I know I sold a couple of my first grills for no profit or actually took a loss.

Who's the guy in the hat? :devilish:
Ed,
That's a sun hat. I wore that pretty faithfully working outside in Florida. As stupid as it looks, it is very lightweight and keeps the sun of your neck, scalp and nose. It doesn't see that much use since I have moved to Indiana :)

This was worth $10 for the thermoset tables. Burners, Flav bars and grates are fair. Cookbox is bowed. I prefer enamel lids.20211009_144309.jpg

I was thinking maybe the genisis gold bottom shelf might work in the Gen 3 frame, but no.

Just mocking up some silver parts to see what could work in the short term.

This is the Gen 3 frame with the 2002 gen gold bottom basket and side table.

20211009_174443.jpg
If I did this it would be temporary until I found time to make wood shelves.

Last edited:
Here is clearly a guy who doesn't know what he has. Check the photo and look at the front of the control panel.

Another cheap Skyline, Bruce! Are you going to grab it? Just the condiment shelf is worth half the price or more.

Yes, the condiment basket means: Skyline

It is up in Minneapolis and my sister already has three grills plus some parts waiting for me. I would have to take the trailer to get any more stuff. Plus, I think she is getting tired of running out after grills. I may bookmark it and hit them up in a week or two for $20. If you look close, they fabbed in a cross member for the cook box. The frame is probably not salvageable after drilling holes for the bolts they used, but It is not like I don't have 7 or 8 Genesis 1000 frames out back.

Back