I will just leave this here

This Viking grill is listed for $400 about 2+ hours away. I looked it up and it is/was a $5000 grill. I was thinking it may be a good flip candidate but it is only 2 burner with roti. I don't know what people would pay much for a small but quality grill.
This is a link to the new model and I will post a pic of the grill.
Link to grill for sale https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1305637013166781?ref=saved&referral_code=null

216112539_10159163532068847_5447696908873024820_n.jpg

Joe,
You might be onto the high-end grill restoration market! That one looks just to be dirty, but parts I am sure will be pricey. I think there is a market for it, but if you have to sink a lot into burners or other stuff, maybe it will be tough to make a strong profit. You sold that Wolf way quicker than I would have expected. Maybe you have more high end shoppers. My guess is that these kind of grills will typically take a lot longer to find a buyer for. I would be particularly interested in the burner setup for this grill. It doesn't look to be all that small, so for just two bottom burners to do the job they must be really good ones.

Joe,
You might be onto the high-end grill restoration market! That one looks just to be dirty, but parts I am sure will be pricey. I think there is a market for it, but if you have to sink a lot into burners or other stuff, maybe it will be tough to make a strong profit. You sold that Wolf way quicker than I would have expected. Maybe you have more high end shoppers. My guess is that these kind of grills will typically take a lot longer to find a buyer for. I would be particularly interested in the burner setup for this grill. It doesn't look to be all that small, so for just two bottom burners to do the job they must be really good ones.

I think they're likely 2 u shape burners to achieve even coverage on a grill that size.

Joe,
The guy that bought the Wolf traveled an hour from Charlottesville to get it. But here in Richmond there is the Museum district with very expensive row homes that could be interested. My wife is also hinting she is ready for another road trip like the one we did to Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, and Yorktown when we picked up the Broilmasters. Fall is coming and it could be a nice trip out to the western part of the state. It just makes it much more fun for me when there are grills involved;-)

I actually nearly bought one like that. But passed on it when I saw it in person. Guy said "the gas valves did not work correctly". When I saw it, it was obvious it had caught fire well beyond belief. It had gotten hot enough to melt the cooking grates, melted the actual pipe that is the manifold, and basically burned everything off it. I get there and get "oh I forgot to mention it had a little grease fire" LOL
I would love one as then I would not have to light up the Wolf as often for those pizza delicacies my wife makes

So, I guess when the factory thermometer dies, you just drill a hole in the end cap and put a new one in there.

Better than those people who drill holes in the middle of the ceramic lid and put one in there.

So, I guess when the factory thermometer dies, you just drill a hole in the end cap and put a new one in there.

Better than those people who drill holes in the middle of the ceramic lid and put one in there.

Pretty nice shape overall. I would snap that up for $20.

Wouldn't it be grand if this forum could have a master inventory of all the parts we are willing to either sell or give away? Searchable by person, by part number or by grill model? Also, the flip side of that, a list of the parts I'm looking for so that others can offer them to me, or the system can do a match on demand or on a nightly basis.

Wouldn't it be grand if this forum could have a master inventory of all the parts we are willing to either sell or give away? Searchable by person, by part number or by grill model? Also, the flip side of that, a list of the parts I'm looking for so that others can offer them to me, or the system can do a match on demand or on a nightly basis.
That would be pretty cool and helpful for a lot of members. Not sure how that could be designed for us to all be able to update the list, but I am sure there are ways. A link here on the TVWBB to some kind of updatable list?

The biggest problem with sales and trades among club members is the rapid escalation of shipping costs. It is just not practical for a flip sale to ship something like a hood or firebox. I have had some heavy stuff sent to me in the past, but my purchases were more from a collector viewpoint. Not much hope of recovering the cost, and they were lower back then. Of course, some members are close enough to meet up and do sales and swaps. We did a little of that at our Upper Midwest Meet this past summer and hope to expand that next year. My wife was so happy about the parts I brought home. I don't know how the park felt about the parts that nobody wanted and were tossed in their dumpster:oops:!

While I was still living in Florida, I drove all the way from South Florida, while @Chris from GA drove all the way from the Atlanta area, to meet up in Valdosta, GA so I could buy a van load of Broilmaster parts. No way to recover that expense or time, but, hey, we had a fun time meeting and sharing lunch at the Smoking Pig BBQ!

Yah, that is kind of what the Buy, Sell, Trade Grills & Gear thread is for. To get more involved than that would require a lot of time and probably a sister web site. But it would be nice. As Jon states, the shipping costs for most of the parts gets cost prohibitive too.

Hey Jon, yesterday I drove from Westchester to the a$s of Connecticut to pickup two grills. I spent almost 5 hours driving but I learned that one is willing to do those trucker hours for the things one cares for.
I'm used to shipping things via eBay and using USPS. Creating a label at home is super easy as is calculating shipping costs. You'd be surprised as what you can ship using priority mail in terms of size and weight.
All things being equal, I'd prefer to buy from others on this board than from businesses and my reasoning is that if I'm going to buy it anyway, might as well buy it from a forum brother.
Alls I'm saying is that it's good to have that choice.

Last edited:
I really detest ebay. I won't say I won't use them, but they are always my last resort.
I agree. Especially now that their fees for a sale are approaching 20%! Nothing but a bunch of damn crooks. But sadly I sometimes HAVE to resort to using them to sell or buy. It pains me but you gots to do what you gots to do

I got ticked at Ebay when their selling fees got to 12% total. I haven't sold anything on Ebay for about 5 years.

Back