I will just leave this here

The Holland Grill is an interesting story. I don't know it totally, but basically this guy was fed up with flare-ups and decided to invent his own grill that would never do that. They made their grills in the USA - I think actually in Florida - until they folded a couple years ago.

Somewhat like the story of the PK grill, someone else has purchased the rights and leftovers of the old Holland Grill Company and is reviving it. They will be made in Georgia:

Although it is a gas grill, it actually works more like a typical pellet grill (not like the SmokeFire) in that there is a solid shield between the single gas burner and the cooking grate that is a honeycomb metal, more like what you see in a home made bbq pit. They are simple and made pretty well. That hurt them because they last a pretty long time. They had (still have) a cult following of people who love them. Cooking burgers is a half hour affair, and forget about sear marks. But, for things like chicken and some other foods that cook best in controlled intermediate heat they do extremely well.

The body is powder coated steel, so when you see one in person it turns out to not look as much like a Broilmaster as that picture might suggest....Yeah, I have one laying out not finished in my collection of oddities. ;)

p.s. $40 is a really good deal for a Holland that looks decent and with some paint and effort could look very nice.

Yah, Larry, pictures or it didn't happen.
This is the only one I will post here. Then if I post anymore I will do it in the other "list" where we post all kind of weird Shtuff. As you can see still a bunch of my tools laying on it and voltmeter and so on from my troubleshooting. Was checking the charging system and such. Anyway I put it out in the back garage for now until some parts come in. Than I will take the deck off and I plan on getting all the fluids I can changed, filters all done and so on. Get her all cleaned up and begin making my neighbors wonder why it sounds like there is a truck in the yard :D
20210407_101716.jpg

Back