I will just leave this here

Those sliding panels are porcelain just like the hood on a normal Weber. So refinishing is futile :D
Not for Dave. He has a guy in KS that does porcelain recoating and some spectacular work at that. Scroll down a little and check it out!

Those sliding panels are porcelain just like the hood on a normal Weber. So refinishing is futile :D
LM, I guess you haven't seen my recently restored and sold Glen Blue Genny ....

v9QwRQw.jpg

or my keeper Smokefire .....

43V2rAPl.jpg

Jeff over at IPE does awesome work.
His shop is right down the road from where I work.
A little to close really ... always a danger to my wallet.

That's great. One of us should save that thing. Maybe someday one will be closer to me. My wife was just saying, "Sweetheart, I think you need to find a flat-top grill." :smilekettle:
He hasn't responded to me and the deal is now listed as pending. I couldn't make it there until tomorrow but was prepared to buy it ahead of time. Looked decent enough for $50.

Oh well. You tried. Yep, on a really good deal I have done what the other guy has done to get someone to hold it. I only do it if I see the person has been on FB for a decent number of years. So far, I have had people be very honest and fair with me. Knowing they will get paid right then can sway someone to give you a day or two. You just have to decide if it is worth it - and the risk you are taking.

Dave. Dave Dave.
I would love to have that grill as well. But I wouldn't keep it, I would just enjoy the rehab and challenge of maxing out the sale price.

I hear ya, Bruce. You know how long I keep the average grill.
The rarity is the main appeal. The true, total lack of functionality
of that design can easily be reproduced by cooking on any Spirit
or Genny with the lid open. :D

I hear ya, Bruce. You know how long I keep the average grill.
The rarity is the main appeal. The true, total lack of functionality
of that design can easily be reproduced by cooking on any Spirit
or Genny with the lid open. :D
It is exactly like the 4-burner Summit I bought from Larry, other than the sliding top and fold up shields. But that’s what makes it so cool. I would feel like Crocodile Dundee cooking on the barbie using one of those!

I just saw that ad and replied. It was from yesterday, so holding out hope that it may still be available.
I'm still kicking myself for not getting that glass door 5000 last week.
Just need to find another hiding spot....

YET ANOTHER MONSTER GRILL...

This one holds one 20lb propane tank. On this enormous beast, think of that like one of those throw-away 1lb green LP canisters!

I have no need for any more rabbit trails, but for an end-user situation $500 for practically an outdoor kitchen is a pretty good deal. It appears to be real stainless and decently constructed, although I think it got whacked in the front somehow. I know nothing about Jenn Air grills, though. Maybe someone can offer more insight.

Back