I will just leave this here

Man if that was closer I would totally be on it. Everyone my grandfather knew would give him their miles, and growing up I had all kinds of Marlboro stuff in my house. My sony walkman cd player was totally a Marlboro miles edition.
I remember having that Marlboro cd case too with the velcro close. My stepdad smoked like two packs a day 🤢

When we were (underage) kids, we used to buy Marlboro in the flip-top box and save the boxes. The urban myth at the time was that if you collected a certain number of boxes Marlboro would supply an iron lung to someone in need. I had a couple of drawers full of boxes.

In the early '50s, my parents owned a bar. Cigarettes were 23 cents a pack out of the vending machine and most packs had two pennies in the cellophane wrapper. They both smoked so I was always after them to buy cigarettes out of the machine. Sometimes one or two of those steel pennies from WWII would be in there...what a disappointment.

And Raleigh Coupons! Don't get me started on Raleigh Coupons.

LOL, times have changed. My dad used to have me get on my bike and rid down to the nearest bar (about a mile) and buy a pack of "Winston" for him. They were .55 cents. I had no problem walking into a bar as a 10 year old and buying a pack of smokes. That was probably around 1970.

There was a bowling alley that had a cigarette machine right by the back door. It was nothing for us kids to pop in and pop out for cigarettes. I started smoking in 4th grade, stealing smokes from my parents (I quit for good 34 years ago).

As a very young kid, my sister and I used to lick the bottoms of the glass ashtrays for that peppery taste. We got lectured on that one.

Everybody smoked in those days, even the MDs.

When I was about 4 years old, my grandparents took me to Busch Gardens. I vaguely remember him going crazy because they only sold Winston cigarettes in the park. Not his brand.

LOL, times have changed. My dad used to have me get on my bike and rid down to the nearest bar (about a mile) and buy a pack of "Winston" for him. They were .55 cents. I had no problem walking into a bar as a 10 year old and buying a pack of smokes. That was probably around 1970.
.55 in 1970?! Damn I was only paying in the .35 range though it went up VERY quickly and when I quit in 75 or 76 they were around 1.35 or so in Chicago area.

Larry, that was at a local bar outside city limits, so relatively rural. The closest place other than that was probably another mile away and not sure if they even sold cigarettes. Many of the times, we had to ring a bell on the counter and the owners who lived upstairs would come down.
I have other stories about that bar that occurred a bit later in my life, but that is a different story.

I really don't have a problem with guys listing fairly high prices on grills, rehabbed or not. If they can get it, more power to them. But, yah, I think that guy is going to be sitting on that grill for a long time unless he drops the price quite a bit. It looks like he has a rotisserie for it, but I don't see the bracket for the motor, so that is a bit confusing too. Leaving an old set of flavorizer bars sitting on the bottom shelf isn't a good look either.

Jon T, can probably give you a good idea on the year. But that looks to be a relatively newer one.

There was a bowling alley that had a cigarette machine right by the back door. It was nothing for us kids to pop in and pop out for cigarettes. I started smoking in 4th grade, stealing smokes from my parents (I quit for good 34 years ago).

As a very young kid, my sister and I used to lick the bottoms of the glass ashtrays for that peppery taste. We got lectured on that one.

Everybody smoked in those days, even the MDs.
There was also a bowling ally down the street from us with a cigarette machine. My friend would be the lookout and I would stick my arm up in it with a coat hanger and "flick" the packs off the rails. We would walk out with about 4 packs at a time. I think Parliament was our brand choice back then.

Back