I will just leave this here

It’s redhead season in the PNW apparently. Between Offer Up and Craigslist I have seen at least 10 Red Genesis 1000’s in the last week alone. I even picked up a free one in great shape with the original manual.

This one has the SS grills, that alone makes it worthwhile potentially, and it's free.

I have too many at the moment, but anyone else near WI

Drew,
That one has been for sale on Craigslist for about two weeks. Started off at $200, dropped to $150 and is now $95 on Facebook Marketplace.
That classic need a good Home from one of our members. Jon...you out there..

Jeff

I guess it is good that it is that far away. I am getting buried in accumulated first generation Genesis grills and parts. I need to get my shop functional and start rehabbing what I already have, not to mention pick up ones being held for me by two members kind enough to grab them until I can do that.

Big unknown is how much resale appeal there is for one of these that has been nicely redone with stainless internals???? I do know that fellow member Mark Siebel in AZ, who does beautiful work, has had some very good success with flipping them. I hope I can, too! The seller's inability to move it "as is" doesn't bode especially well. I guess I am hoping a sparkling, restored one would appeal much more.

p.s. I do agree that particular one really needs a good home. Sorry it can't be mine.

I don't think they are RCP grates, but they are definitely high quality. I don't know if they are quite as thick as RCP grates, but the spacing on them seems to be Larry style, meaning very small spacing. I think maybe even smaller spacing than RCP. It was dark when I got it home. I will check them out later during the day. But the grill looks in really good shape from what I could see. A definite score being free. I even got two propane tanks but they are quick connect. Blahhhh. I need to make a trip to walmart to exchange them.

I don't think they are RCP grates, but they are definitely high quality. I don't know if they are quite as thick as RCP grates, but the spacing on them seems to be Larry style, meaning very small spacing. I think maybe even smaller spacing than RCP. It was dark when I got it home. I will check them out later during the day. But the grill looks in really good shape from what I could see. A definite score being free. I even got two propane tanks but they are quick connect. Blahhhh. I need to make a trip to walmart to exchange them.

Glad you were able to pick up. I was tempted, and if it wasn't an hour away...... :)

Yah, thanks for the tip. I tried to find it on FB MP and it didn't even come up. I guess he only listed it in sales groups or something.

That one has been for sale on Craigslist for about two weeks. Started off at $200, dropped to $150 and is now $95 on

It's still listed for $200 on NH Craigslist.

Until I saw the FB post, I thought it was Woodstock, NH, not VT. If it was closer to me, I would pick it up for $100. My wife's family lives in VT so we go up that way occasionally.

It's still listed for $200 on NH Craigslist.

Until I saw the FB post, I thought it was Woodstock, NH, not VT. If it was closer to me, I would pick it up for $100. My wife's family lives in VT so we go up that way occasionally.
Never knew there were so many cities named Woodstock

Back