I will just leave this here

I love rotisserie cooking. When the talk about "self basting", rotisserie cooking is the real thing. The juices leak out and as the meat turns, it just keeps basting around the hunk of meat instead of simply dripping off into the cook box.

By the way, it tastes as good as it looks.

John, the chicken for sure. YOu can't eat a grill.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Free never does last very long. I cleaned up my yard of Dog poop last week. Put it all in a grocery bag, set it on the corner with a sign that said "FREE". It was gone the next morning.

Yah, it was trash pickup day. :D

What about Holland grills? Anyone ever cooked on one? They've gone out of business but had somewhat of a loyal following. I don't think they get real hot, but would like to hear if anyone has any experience with them.103374862_2540537109594081_7552466274971527889_o.jpg

I have seen them discussed on here several times. Never personally laid eyes on one though. They have a good reputation for quality and function. Since they are out of business now, I don't expect there to be a huge supply of parts being manufactured any longer.

I have seen some Hollands for a relatively cheap price. It is on the bucket list for my "This Old Grill" museum!!! :coolkettle: Sad that they went out of business. Another US grill maker gone.

I think they excel at something like doing chicken or fish but are designed purposely to avoid high heat flare-ups so not great for steaks. They seem relatively well built because even the older ones listed look very redeemable. They even made portable versions in both gas and charcoal!

Those Steelman ones are supposedly "da bomb" though I have never seen one in the flesh. While I have never cooked on Holland I know folks who owned them and swore by them

I didn’t have a holland but had an original Phoenix (same design).
It topped out at 400. As stated, good for chicken and fish, but not for much else.
Was happy to get rid of it.

I had steak cooked on Hollands, sausages as well and honestly not sure why you'd say not good for anything else. Yeah it would not blacken a steak or leave grill marks to speak of but it was fool proof and it did turn out tender, juicy meats of all kinds

Adds like that should be a clear indication to the local community that a bad batch of illegal drugs is being distributed in the area.

I wonder how much he would have listed it for if it was a three burner?

Back