I will just leave this here

https://offerup.com/item/detail/882456211/

Half a rehab for $450. He cleaned the drip pan, did an ok job on the firebox, and threw a bunch of new parts at it. But looking under the manifold in the last couple of pics, it appears he did nothing with the frame or cabinet. It makes one wonder what lies inside.
He also made the mistake of putting heat to those new flavor bars. Rookie mistake there. They look much prettier for selling when they aren't discolored.

I love a good burn off. Just be careful with those really greasy ones.
Out of control fires can warp the fire box.
Thanks for that heads-up on the warped firebox. Coincidentally, I'm going over to look at a buddy's weber that took off on him with excess grease and he used the fire extinguisher on it! Good thing to know to look for! He said flames were leaping 2 foot out the top!
He wants me to clean it and return it!

So whats a genesis Platinum with a SS frame worth? Someone, local enough to me, but is asking $350. Grill looks like its in good shape, but that is a steep ask, this is one of the ones i'll likely not need to replace, right?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/257596302139405/
Hi Rich,

Tough call since there aren't many around.

I have one and here are my observations: The frame members are Stainless and clean inside and out, no rust which is cool. The cabinet floor and panels are not stainless. The stainless lid has an inner liner made of iron that will rot out. The tables and knobs are "premium" grade. The firebox and internals are the same as a Silver B/C

That frame needs some work. With a little work you have a frame that should last a long time.

I am converting mine to a cart model.

Thanks, Bill

So whats a genesis Platinum with a SS frame worth? Someone, local enough to me, but is asking $350. Grill looks like its in good shape, but that is a steep ask, this is one of the ones i'll likely not need to replace, right?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/257596302139405/
There is one in my area that has been listed at $200 since December. Just to give you an idea of value. $350 seems a little steep.

Hi Rich,

Tough call since there aren't many around.

I have one and here are my observations: The frame members are Stainless and clean inside and out, no rust which is cool. The cabinet floor and panels are not stainless. The stainless lid has an inner liner made of iron that will rot out. The tables and knobs are "premium" grade. The firebox and internals are the same as a Silver B/C

That frame needs some work. With a little work you have a frame that should last a long time.

I am converting mine to a cart model.

Thanks, Bill

Thanks for the info, so that bottom bar that is darker than the vertical frame pieces, is that SS or Steel? I'd probably follow suit and convert it to a cart model. The enclosed cabinets seem to cause a lot of problems. I have a Genesis Platinum 3000 (I think?) that the lower frame was rotted, but the side panels and inner basket are fine. go figure. I need to finish that one! I spent a lot more time than I should have to patch the lower legs.

I'd also probably replace the lid with something more colorful, but I can't spend $350 on a grill that needs work, which I am sure it will at least something. I was going to pitch it to the wife that I won't need another grill for a long time. but I can buy/snag for free and rehab quite a few grills for that money.

One sold in my area recently. It was listed at $200.
I just missed out on a curbside pickup for free last night. Anything over $50 needs to be something pretty functional and ready to go, but it is unlikely that you will find one without the floor pan rusted out, no matter how much you spend.

Thanks for the info, so that bottom bar that is darker than the vertical frame pieces, is that SS or Steel? I'd probably follow suit and convert it to a cart model. The enclosed cabinets seem to cause a lot of problems. I have a Genesis Platinum 3000 (I think?) that the lower frame was rotted, but the side panels and inner basket are fine. go figure. I need to finish that one! I spent a lot more time than I should have to patch the lower legs.

I'd also probably replace the lid with something more colorful, but I can't spend $350 on a grill that needs work, which I am sure it will at least something. I was going to pitch it to the wife that I won't need another grill for a long time. but I can buy/snag for free and rehab quite a few grills for that money.
HI Rich, The bottom bar is not a bar, it is the floor pan. It is made of light iron painted steel.
To convert to a cart you strip away the doors, panels and floor pan. You need 2 long lower non-ferrous frame members for structural support and some type of basket or a structural basket with hooks off of a 2005-2007 Silver/Gold Big B or C.

Attachments

• Old_C_Iron.jpg
    Old_C_Iron.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 12
I have bought and sold 3 in the last 2 months.
I'm guessing that does not help your current
lack of one though.
I have seen some interesting Performers lately, but no crimson with gas assist. There have been a couple of Crate & Barrel models, green and grey, but with significant porcelain damage. Lots of blues. But I have my heart set on a crimson model.

I have seen some interesting Performers lately, but no crimson with gas assist. There have been a couple of Crate & Barrel models, green and grey, but with significant porcelain damage. Lots of blues. But I have my heart set on a crimson model.
That's how it is in my area too. Mostly black performers, then coppers, blues pop up every now and then. I've only seen one of those lime green C&B ones, but the guy wants $400 for it. Havent seen a grey one except for way up in north carolina. I'd be all over a grey one. Both crimson ones I've seen for sale i was able to purchase. It's really kind of luck, someone posts something and you just happen to log on and be the first to message them.

Funny how things work. Many more crimsons here than any of those COMBINED. I have never even seen an ad for C&B grey, let along bought one.

Funny how things work. Many more crimsons here than any of those COMBINED. I have never even seen an ad for C&B grey, let along bought one.
This was for sale for a least a month; it just sold this week. I thought about making an offer on it until I looked very closely at the pics. There's porcelain missing near the thermometer. There's a large ding and chip in the rim of the lid. And in the 3rd pic, look closely at the bowl between the mounting bracket and the table; big chunk of porcelain missing.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/864568807/

I wonder what it sold for.

This was for sale for a least a month; it just sold this week. I thought about making an offer on it until I looked very closely at the pics. There's porcelain missing near the thermometer. There's a large ding and chip in the rim of the lid. And in the 3rd pic, look closely at the bowl between the mounting bracket and the table; big chunk of porcelain missing.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/864568807/

I wonder what it sold for.
I wouldn't have bought that one either at $350. You have a good eye finding all those flaws. High asking price, but at least he had the upgraded metal table and not plastic.

I wouldn't have bought that one either at $350. You have a good eye finding all those flaws. High asking price, but at least he had the upgraded metal table and not plastic.
The same seller just listed a redhead Genesis 2000 with a bad frame for $25. I have a parts grill with a good frame but a bad firebox. I may have to buy it. If I do, I'll ask him what he got for the C&B performer.

Back