I will just leave this here

I suppose that could be, but I wouldn't expect them to swap a Platinum hood onto a standard Genesis 1000 just to satisfy a color request....if so, then the Premium winds up on a non-premium grill and vice versa.
I would like to have the grill serial number so I could register it and see what exact model it really is/was.

Not surprising Larry. Those small local HW stores were like that. Willing to bend over backwards for the customer to make a sale.

Got it today:
P.S.: I've never seen an un-rusty in-hood rack, unless it was new. Has anyone? This has one toward the back, not the front, as you can see in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
This isn't going to raise eyebrows for several list members. I have seen similar pictures posted to this forum.
I posted a photo of a guy who actually brings his two grills inside his living room every time after using them outside.

This isn't going to raise eyebrows for several list members. I have seen similar pictures posted to this forum.
I posted a photo of a guy who actually brings his two grills inside his living room every time after using them outside.
Bruce you would need a very large living room for your collection. 😂

So, what makes this a "Platinum" version besides the word "platinum" on the lid?
Did it simply come with some premium grates and flavorizer bars or what?

View attachment 5880

Bruce,
Besides the hood with the logo and stripes, I am pretty sure these grills featured a modestly amped up btu rating, presumably from using slightly larger orifices. Possibly they also came with stainless flavorizer bars.

I think many times they were switched out at dealers to satisfy a color request
I'm sure this was it. It happens all the time. I know back at the Ace I used to work at, we'd swap lids and doors between 310s and 330s to make whatever color grill the customer wanted. Our store only got delivery truck on Tuesdays and Thursdays, most times customers didn't want to wait for their grill and we didn't want to lose a big sale.

Back