I will just leave this here

This is a first for me.

O found a rare red cover.

A diamond in the rough>diamond

Last edited:
This is a first for me.

Someone probably mounted the grill into a fixed outdoor kitchen not using the cart.

Just be aware that this lid is for the 2 burner grill and will not fit on a 3 burner grill.

Well Stefan, you are in a good position then to wait until it gets to a price that you can't refuse. Wait until next week, then offer $10. He may get to a point where he just wants it gone.

Here's an ad for grills that might burn you before you even turn them on. Scroll past the first picture of knives:

This is a first for me.

A diamond in the rough>diamond

that Genesis cart would be interesting to work with. Would be nice to fix a 22” kettle in that piece. Not sure if the dimensions would work, but would be pretty cool looking.

that Genesis cart would be interesting to work with. Would be nice to fix a 22” kettle in that piece. Not sure if the dimensions would work, but would be pretty cool looking.
I am working on a prep table right now using a SS frame of an older Genesis Platinum and a kind of butcher block table.

Well Stefan, you are in a good position then to wait until it gets to a price that you can't refuse. Wait until next week, then offer $10. He may get to a point where he just wants it gone.
I am probably going to have a look at it tomorrow since I can’t during the week. Let’s see what it looks like. Just for parts only.

"I am just looking" "Just for parts only". I think some body is in denial.
Too funny. I hear ya. 😂 But really I don’t want to restore it. I have the Skyline I still have to finish and recently I started selling parts on eBay because I don’t want to finish another one.

Jon, if that is indeed all original to include paint and all, it is pretty darn clean. However, $500 is more than the darn thing sold for back in the late 90's.
If it was still new in the box clean, then maybe it would be worth $500.

If that is a rehab, it is not close to most of the rehab/flip grills I see done on this forum. His price is probably close to double what he can expect to get for it.

Well, I think he is definitely dreaming. Looks nice, but - as noted already - not what we here would consider a full restoration.

So here we go. I caved and bought it. It is in good condition but I will part it out. The lower front cross bar is rusted on the left side and the previous owner has tightened the frame with a strap. Otherwise the frame looks solid with no rust.
The z bars of the shelves are mostly ok with not much rust. The wood is mostly solid. Love the black knobs. It has some interesting features I have not seen so far. The grease pan and tray are one piece. The fold up table does not slide. But since it is easily reversible I might use this as a left hand fold up table for the Skyline. The brown color is not really my cup of tea. But maybe I could dress up my grill now depending on season. Right now I have lids in blue, red, maroon, green, black and now in brown. Lol

Attachments

• E8B65F12-CA59-48FE-B36B-7928B85D889D.jpeg
    E8B65F12-CA59-48FE-B36B-7928B85D889D.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 12
Took a picture of the serial number. But Weber does not have any on their Website starting with N3. This is what I read.
N3 24317
Does anyone know what year it is?

Attachments

• 03A0C299-371C-4E3C-B093-A6AFBD009F30.jpeg
    03A0C299-371C-4E3C-B093-A6AFBD009F30.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 6
Yah, I believe the slide bars for the swing shelves started with the durawood grills. The black knobs may not be original as I see the igniter button is the off white color. You certainly got some great parts there and can probably sell a couple and make all your money back. How much did you get it for anyway? If you don't mind my asking.

Weber used a different system in 1993 and prior. The "3" indicates is a 2 series. I don't think the serial number on those grills contained any kind of date code. Also, it looks like that grill started out life as a Natural Gas grill. You might want to check the flames when you fire it up for high flames.
==================================================
The first-generation Genesis 1-5 grills had a serial number in this format:

_# 999999

_ was L for liquid propane or N for natural gas
# was the model number:

1 is the Genesis 1
3 is the Genesis 2
7 is the Genesis 3
4 is the Genesis 4
5 is the Genesis 5

Last edited:

Back