I will just leave this here

My folks had a Toro and a Snapper while I was growing up outside Detroit. We lived on a five lane road and would get plowed in. I was so happy when they got rid of the Toro; that stupid rubber paddle couldn't handle that heavy, plowed-in crap. I think my sister still has the Snapper. I do not miss living in winter.

None of that rubber flapper stuff going on up here. THose cheesy push things are good for a deck or sidewalk, but when you get a big snow, you need a two stage, especially for that 3 foot pile along the end of the driveway from the snow plow.
The two stage auger blowers will eat a broom, handle and all, and spit it out 20 feet away.....ask me how i know?

What's a snow blower??? :unsure:;)
As the name implies it's a machine that blows snow. They seem to be seasonal getting the most use in December. Although I've never seen one that requires a Honda motor. But I've also never used one of the flocking things. Here's a pic of one,

sbi-large-sapin.jpg

I'll put myself in the corner for a few minutes.

I have seen plenty of UDS using Weber lids , but this is a first.

A 22" Jumbo Joe bottom modified as a lid .....
???

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2436039379990642/

That red kettle is pretty nice looking for $50. Anyone else think that maybe the seller just got his new SmokeFire and decided to cull the herd?

None of that rubber flapper stuff going on up here. THose cheesy push things are good for a deck or sidewalk, but when you get a big snow, you need a two stage, especially for that 3 foot pile along the end of the driveway from the snow plow.
The two stage auger blowers will eat a broom, handle and all, and spit it out 20 feet away.....ask me how i know?
Tell ya what. I have this little Honda HS621 and that little guy goes through that stuff like you can't believe. I even recently picked up a Honda HS521 (same machine but a GX140 engine vs the GX160 in the 621). It just tears right through it like no one's business. Admittedly I don't have a large driveway (as you might remember from visiting), and no other area to clear except the front patio. So for my needs it (the HS621) has gone through some really bad storms and done a fine job. Only issue I have is on really wet slushy stuff the chute will plug at times.

I am unaware of any grill flippers on the scale of Bruce and Dave in southern California. This sidewinder has undergone a moderate rehab, but it could have some rust on the bottom of the cart near the downward vent. He's asking $380. Two as-is sidewinders (1 w/ side burner) in the area are listed at $200-225.

Weber BBQ Grill - $380

00a0a_aFG9GH3lY3y_1200x900.jpg

What's a snow blower??? :unsure:;)

When I left home in Florida to go to grad school in Chicago I didn’t really have a clue about winter. The first time I went out and found ice on my windshield I asked another grad student what I was supposed to do. He said, “Don’t you have a scraper?”

I replied, “SCAPER?!!! What would I do with a scraper? Scrape the sunshine off my car?!!!”

I did notice, though, that few Chicagoans were prepared for hot sunny days like I was, always ready to put up my trusty sunshade over the dash.

Attachments

• 7363E5BB-E1A7-493E-A422-B61904DE7A0A.jpeg
    7363E5BB-E1A7-493E-A422-B61904DE7A0A.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 5
I am unaware of any grill flippers on the scale of Bruce and Dave in southern California. This sidewinder has undergone a moderate rehab, but it could have some rust on the bottom of the cart near the downward vent. He's asking $380. Two as-is sidewinders (1 w/ side burner) in the area are listed at $200-225.

Weber BBQ Grill - $380

00a0a_aFG9GH3lY3y_1200x900.jpg

Wow, sounds high to me. That floor is pretty decent, maybe a little rust back there that hopefully could be repaired/
or slowed down at least. Those U-channel grates are aftermarket ... look kind of cheap, but at least they shine.
I feel pretty good having this one posted for $300

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/d/excelsior-springs-weber-genesis-special/7080395226.html

and it has a brand new floor in it.

Wow, sounds high to me. That floor is pretty decent, maybe a little rust back there that hopefully could be repaired/
or slowed down at least. Those U-channel grates are aftermarket ... look kind of cheap, but at least they shine.
I feel pretty good having this one posted for $300

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/d/excelsior-springs-weber-genesis-special/7080395226.html

and it has a brand new floor in it.
That really looks nice Dave. I like the red color.

That one is a stunner, Dave! I would love to own that one myself:D. I would call it "The Last Redhead."

Be patient and don't give that one away cheap. It is way too nice(y).

Back