I will just leave this here

From what I have heard about those grills is that they are junk. Not sure why SnapOn lets their name be associated with them.

I wonder if you could repurpose a craftsman toolbox as a stand for a 1000-5000 firebox ...
I know one of you guys know of the top of your head the measurements needed to fit the firebox and conteol panel

Absolutely atrocious! The more I tried to come up with a solution for the many rusted out parts, the more I realized that I had paid $100 or $150 or whatever for scrap metal and a Snap-On logo😠.

View attachment 92628

I think the issue might be that they just used a toolbox that is not meant to be outdoors and figured out how they can put a grill inside of it. If they would have built a cart designed to be outdoors but made to look like a toolbox it probably would have worked better

I think the issue might be that they just used a toolbox that is not meant to be outdoors and figured out how they can put a grill inside of it. If they would have built a cart designed to be outdoors but made to look like a toolbox it probably would have worked better
My guess is they cheaped out on the paint and materials used. One would think that the powdercoating of a snap on tool box should hold up decently to the elements.

I believe these grills were made by one of the second tier grill manufacturers. A lot of painted steel, cheap grates and doodads. The stylish drawers were rust magnets along with much of the grill.

I wasn't joking in saying about all I have to show is the Snap-On logo. I have dreams of taking a Spirit from about 2011 to make a real Weber Snap-On. I would start by putting on a red hood and painting the cabinetry red. Then figure out a way to make the door look like a Snap-On toolbox. Replace the Spirit logo with the Snap-On one and voila: A Snap-on Edition with the original Weber E-W burner configuration.

I believe these grills were made by one of the second tier grill manufacturers. A lot of painted steel, cheap grates and doodads. The stylish drawers were rust magnets along with much of the grill.

I wasn't joking in saying about all I have to show is the Snap-On logo. I have dreams of taking a Spirit from about 2011 to make a real Weber Snap-On. I would start by putting on a red hood and painting the cabinetry red. Then figure out a way to make the door look like a Snap-On toolbox. Replace the Spirit logo with the Snap-On one and voila: A Snap-on Edition with the original Weber E-W burner configuration.

To make the doors look like a drawer all you prob need is to get the front drawer pulls off a toolbox , cut them to size and mount them to the top of each cabinet door. Maybe even a couple across the middle to give the appearance of multiple drawers

That price tho o_O
I mean, to me, based on the bold claims in the listing, compared to the actual obvious lack of any real effort at all, that price is basically just trying to at best, scam, and at worst, prey on, the totally ignorant "vintage" seeking consumer.

You can tell everything, including rust and wood, was literally just hastily sprayed over with some leftover cans of paint. You can even see all the paint dripping. "Fully Restored" is not what I would call that to justify anything remotely close to that pricing. And not even new burners! And I'll bet he's just randomly guessing at the year too lol

IMG_4556.jpgIMG_4555.jpgIMG_4554.jpgIMG_4553.jpgIMG_4552.jpg

Last edited:

Back