I will just leave this here

I have only seen a couple unopened grills of that era. Unlike some others, he is asking a very fair price. Glad it is too far from me! You could not restore even a decent SIlver B for that price. With this deal you are getting rust-free brand-new cabinetry along with all the rest that is new as well.

Probably so. Those were my favorite of the Silver series, other than it not having the handle and knobs. Add a right-side table and you have the very best.
It could be a suprise premium edition! It's like a 2005 time capsule and it would almost be sad to open it. A little too soon for the Smithsonian, but in a few years...

I’m sure it’s not much of a cooker, but I’ve never seen one before. I might throw an offer at it just as a conversation piece.

Attachments

• 34BECAF6-95C3-4A56-9BBD-DEA08BDB7C99.jpeg
    34BECAF6-95C3-4A56-9BBD-DEA08BDB7C99.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 24
Spirit 700 redhead, free with purchase of propane bottle.

2F38D3C4-7001-42F6-BB21-A6B54242C153.jpeg

Last edited:
2005+ Genesis Platinum B - Downriver from Detroit. Yeah, he wants a lot for it, but my Genny shows more signs of use in four months than this grill does in its whole lifetime.

5592A13C-6F4E-4353-AF39-E6B45F653D23.jpeg

Not too much rust on the cabinet bottom. If only there was an easy, economical way to replace the cabinet bottom, side and back pieces with stainless - or even aluminum. It would be just about the perfect Weber grill.

$250 is a no-go for flippers, but for an end-user I think fair enough given that it is not a rust bucket. Not to say that there is no wear. I would look at the firebox carefully before plunking down that amount. And, you would have to have a plan for that hood insert shield that eventually starts flaking off onto your food. Some have replaced the stainless hood with a color one.

Probably the best condition one I have seen in years. But there is still significant rust on the cabinet floor. If you wanted one and wanted to keep it totally stock, this would be a good candidate. It is pricey though.

Here is a Genesis you don't see very often. It has a condiment basket which is similar to the one that comes on the Skyline except that it does not have the two or three tool hooks on the front of it. This is only the second one I have seen on the sale sites. If it was near me, I would grab it just for the condiment basket.

I believe that is the sort of “built in” model that Weber offered for a while. I believe the only other time I saw that condiment shelf was on another Genesis with the same special legs for permanent attachment.

Yes Jon, those are stationary built in Natural Gas versions. They are designed to be bolted to a deck or patio and hooked up to a NG line. Judging from the rarity of them, I am sure they were only produced for 2 or 3 years and were weak sellers. However, I would think they could have been produced fairly inexpensively and sold for less than a traditional cart version.

Back