I will just leave this here

Looks like a Vision with a really nice cart.
View attachment 62675
I would say that is exactly what it is. But, nothing wrong with that.

When I trashed the rust heap that was for some brief time a "Snap On gas grill," I kept the logo. (What a piece of JUNK!!!)

Junked Snap On.jpg

My plan is to someday - I guess after I get to retire - take a 3-burner ca. 2011 Spirit (when it was still based on the original E-W Genesis design):

2011 Spirit.jpg

and redo with a red hood and repaint the black trim and doors red. Come up with a way to make handles that look like tool drawer handles (Ideas anyone? :unsure: ), slap on the Snap-On logo in place of the Spitit one to make my own REAL Snap On grill.

Attachments

• Snap On Controls Unrestored.jpg
    Snap On Controls Unrestored.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 11
I did not see the title on this until it came out. They were removing a Ranch Kettle from the oven.
Sorry I got the wrong link.

I messaged this guy to let him know that he had the grates on his Q300 upside down.

My Message:
The cooking grates are upside down in the photos.
https://desmoines.craigslist.org/grd/d/newton-weber-q300-series-gas-grill/7556989515.html
-----
His Response:
Checked it out, they are correct as shown. Thank you.

I've only seen a Q up close once. The solid sections of the grates protect the burner bars underneath them, right? Is there any chance that there's an (unintentional) benefit to putting them in upside down? It looks like they could catch and sizzle some of the liquids coming off of the food, adding smoke and keeping the bottom basin cleaner. Just my observation from looking at the pic. Anything to that?

Well, I have never seen anyone advocate for using them "upside down" before. I am sure that if someone has determined that there was a kind of advantage, it would very limited in scope and probably be posted in many places around the net, which I have not seen.

Running the grill with the grate upside down might be a good way to burn off the accumulated crud on the top surface?

For a Q grill or any other grill.

Never occurred to me before seeing Bruce’s photo.

That could be true, but when trying to sell a grill, showing pictures with the grates upside down probably is not the best practice.

His Response:
Checked it out, they are correct as shown. Thank you.

Sounds like a bit of indignation over being corrected. Imagine how butthurt he'll be when no one wants to buy his overpriced Q. I'll think I will email him myself to tell him they are upside down just to salt the wound...

Last edited:
I should have just left him wallow in his indignation. But, I emailed him back a link to the Weber website showing the Q300 in a couple photos with the grates placed the correct way. I do not expect to get a response. But, it will be interesting to see if he updates the photos.

I was also thinking that maybe he realizes the mistake and is doing it on purpose because the grates are gunked up on top and he didn't want to show that.

That could be true, but when trying to sell a grill, showing pictures with the grates upside down probably is not the best practice.
I was also thinking that maybe he realizes the mistake and is doing it on purpose because the grates are gunked up on top and he didn't want to show that.
As a long time Craigslister, I like these types of ads because it indicates the seller could potentially be bargained with more easily.

But it has to be something I really need and usually an email or text and I have a pretty good idea who I am dealing with.

I would pass on this grill based on the sellers first response. Just my gut it would not be worth my time dealing with them.

Down to $450

I don't like 3rd generation Summits. They do at least LOOK better in black. This is certainly the ultimate setup. I have no place to put it and still question its ability to be flipped. You would certainly have a deck full with this thing - and probably a LOT of work and parts to get it up to speed. And if left outside, I see lots of rust potential - probably already started.

Back