I will just leave this here

Why are the blue ones often banged up and dented 😒

View attachment 62097
Too funny. That - 1st Gen. Stainless steel performer in blue was the exact grill I was looking for, and every one I found had either a dented lid or rust through somewhere.

I have the tvwbb virus now too- I saw this at lunch time and responded my interest, even though I have no room or time - or need - for such a thing.

Fortune smiled on me though- already claimed by someone else…lol

697C8442-CB27-465E-B1BB-E309264758E7.jpeg

I have only purchased/ owned two grills in my entire 60+ years on this planet and they are both sitting in my back yard at the moment…and hopefully it stays that way (insert “crap storm” emoji here)

I have only purchased/ owned two grills in my entire 60+ years on this planet and they are both sitting in my back yard at the moment…and hopefully it stays that way (insert “crap storm” emoji here)
This place may be dangerous... Some have contracted SAWS ( Severe Acute Weberitis Syndrome )

It can take over your garage, your side yard, backyard, shed and has been observed to spread driveways and garages of friends.

This place may be dangerous... Some have contracted SAWS ( Severe Acute Weberitis Syndrome )

It can take over your garage, your side yard, backyard, shed and has been observed to spread driveways and garages of friends.
Ask me how I know…lol

does anyone off-hand know the screw size for original 1000 wood slats? the ones I've pulled out are soooo rusted Its hard to tell.

does anyone off-hand know the screw size for original 1000 wood slats? the ones I've pulled out are soooo rusted Its hard to tell.
That's something I was wondering too. I would like to replace the rusty ones on some durawood tables. I imagine they are the same size and style?

I bought 316 stainless ones from Marsh Fasteners because every grill with slats I recovered in Florida had rusty slat screws. 316 is supposed to be more corrosion resistant than even 304. You can get 316 at other places including McMaster Carr. Some larger Ace stores even carry some in stock.

I believe I got #6 1/2 inch, but it may have been #8.

8 x 5/8 is good for used wood slats as it penetrates a little further into the wood than the original 1/2.
8.x 1/2 is ok for durawood as it doesn’t rot when wet for a long time.
You can get both sizes in stainless with black painted heads under shutter screws at ace hardware.
Size 6 will work for badly deteriorated slats but may require hole enlargement.
I’ve done about 150 of these in the last couple of months, when I took all the old rusted screws out of 36 slats on the 3k and 12 on the skyline. First did a bunch in all stainless and redid them when I found the black painted ones.

Attachments

• B73B85E7-309E-4DB6-95DA-7FD84C3C6B97.jpeg
    B73B85E7-309E-4DB6-95DA-7FD84C3C6B97.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
8 x 5/8 is good for used wood slats as it penetrates a little further into the wood than the original 1/2.
8.x 1/2 is ok for durawood as it doesn’t rot when wet for a long time.
You can get both sizes in stainless with black painted heads under shutter screws at ace hardware.
Size 6 will work for badly deteriorated slats but may require hole enlargement.
I’ve done about 150 of these in the last couple of months, when I took all the old rusted screws out of 36 slats on the 3k and 12 on the skyline. First did a bunch in all stainless and redid them when I found the black painted ones.
Those look perfect Hank, and I have an Ace hardware down the street. I need a new cookbox bolt and the friction clips for the lid emblems anyway.

FREE

Needs new "flavor savor bars"

Great deal for someone, but the current owner has posted
a terrible ad. Only 1 pic, and on the curb to the first person that
wants it. Unless this grill was less than a mile from me, I am
not wasting the gas to try and chase it.

you don't need a good add to give something away. If I put a bad of dog poop on the curb and offer it for Free on CL or FB MP, it would be gone in hours. I might even have to promise one of the two guys fighting over it that I will give him first shot at the next FREE bag.

Back