I will just leave this here

You could make that into a total showpiece Jon
I probably should FINISH the one I am working on before dragging home another one, no matter how cool, huh?!!!:cautious: I do really like the uncommon maroon hood, and unlike most of these old Summits that pop up, it does look to have always been an LP grill.

I have stainless parts to repair the firebox. Burners and flavorizer bars are still available, and it uses standard Genesis x000/Silver/Gold grates. The rest is very, very well made. That grill deserves another lease on life. Too far for me, though.🥲

I have a friend in Phoenixville PA which is not very far from that Summit. I wish he had a truck.
I contacted the person from the ad yesterday right after posting the ad in case someone here wanted it -I don’t have the time or the room myself but it is a sweet grill.

I got a response right away it was being picked up.

After the comments today and seeing the ad was still up, I contacted the lister again.

It’s gone.

Parents had one with the warming oven back in the day. REALLY back in the day. They were all the rage. They had some good points

Another collector item for my wished-for dream of a "Grill Museum." Tom Horsman is doing his "Land of Grills," but my wife doesn't see any reason why I need to do my own version :(.

There were a bunch of companies that made grills in this general design. Tonka, Big Boy, Buddy, Kenmore and more. Not common to see one still intact and with the rotisserie, but they do pop up from time to time. Mostly by people hoping they have a "Mid-Century" treasure someone will pay top dollar forl.

I buy from McMaster Carr...
View attachment 61229
I buy z bar stock from McMaster Carr - only warning is regarding paint. It is not easy to paint aluminum z bars. "Ask me how I know." Now I just leave 'em n@ked. BUT If I really did it right, I would follow these steps:
1. Clean, clean, clean and degrease
2. Sand w successive grits
3. Self etching primer
4. Sand again
5. Paint
6. Sealer (IMO) e.g. clear coat

my search skills are failing me this morning. looking for z-bars for a friend.

I see the notes on the parts thread for Dave/rcplanbuyer's SS and the alum ones from mcmaster-carr.

Are there any other options? maybe a low-cost steel part ? It's a low-dollar refurb for a personal grill not a flip.

I saw @Bruce mentioning "another thread" with durawood, but I couldn't find it.
Are you still looking?

I don't personally need any at the moment, but if there is a lower cost source than McMaster Carr that would be good to know
I was looking in the cutoff bin at work and found this- it’s anodized aluminum, but alas the channel is too tight to fit the drip tray- there is a slight bend in the back edge (of the drip tray).

I would have sent it to you gratis but it’s not a perfect solution.

7AA03FD9-53DB-4589-9F59-322BD448F9DD.jpeg9CBDF310-4616-4B8F-8491-AAEF65902F6B.jpeg

Back