I will just leave this here

John, I have that exact same grill sitting in my driveway now. I won't get to it until next year, but I look forward to fixing it up and reselling it.
I really don't think there is much special about them other than the unique lid. THey may have come with some SS grates or flavorizer bars, but the one I have were cheapo ceramic coated ones. Nothing else seems to be special about it.
No, you're right Bruce. I have one just like it as well and the only difference between that one and the Genesis 1000 LX was the lid. I do think the lid makes it a special grill because you don't see too many of them and they do look cool.

my search skills are failing me this morning. looking for z-bars for a friend.

I see the notes on the parts thread for Dave/rcplanbuyer's SS and the alum ones from mcmaster-carr.

Are there any other options? maybe a low-cost steel part ? It's a low-dollar refurb for a personal grill not a flip.

I saw @Bruce mentioning "another thread" with durawood, but I couldn't find it.

end caps with square handles have come up a couple of times and I thought I'd post pics here and bookmark it.

This is an early end cap from what I believe to be a 1990 Genesis 3. The wood handle was temporarily removed so it could be restored.

1666118204635.png

This is an end cap from a 98 Genesis 1000. The wood handle was temporarily replaced with a handle from a Silver B.
The end cap on my 2000 (DU code) Silver B is the same style with a slot in it.

1666118338452.png

The last one is from a Genesis Silver C, I am guessing 2002 to 2004. The end of the handle is completely enclosed.

1666118511734.png

end caps with square handles have come up a couple of times and I thought I'd post pics here and bookmark it.

This is an early end cap from what I believe to be a 1990 Genesis 3. The wood handle was temporarily removed so it could be restored.

View attachment 61290

This is an end cap from a 98 Genesis 1000. The wood handle was temporarily replaced with a handle from a Silver B.
The end cap on my 2000 (DU code) Silver B is the same style with a slot in it.

View attachment 61291

The last one is from a Genesis Silver C, I am guessing 2002 to 2004. The end of the handle is completely enclosed.

View attachment 61292
Yeah, that's one of those little things that most people wouldn't even notice. Good eye Dan!

Back