I will just leave this here

Well now I'm curious...
A few years ago, I sold off a bunch of our grills. One was the Jumbo Joe and the cart I made for it and the 18 WSM. When I sold the WSM the guy wanted to buy the cart I made for it and the jumbo joe. It was made out of a Genesis 3000 frame. After I sold the cart, I also sold the Jumbo Joe as I had no place to keep it. Big mistake! So, a couple of months ago I picked up another Jumbo Joe and I still didn't have a place to keep it, so I bought a Silver B to build another cart for it. The silver B doesn't have a side burner and that's what I'm looking for to light the coals in the chimney.

The cart I built is the third one down on the right

DSCN6155.JPG

Last edited:
So is it just a place to set the Jumbo Joe? Or you haven't gotten around to building the grill into the table, yet?

I was picturing a mini-Performer with a side burner, and my imagination started running.

That's probably the nicest of the Silver A grills, and just being given away :( . They are excellent cookers, and I think that model - especially with the black handle and knobs - is the best-looking Silver A Weber made. It is true that the cabinet is prone to rust, especially the bottom. Still, the doors help make this smaller grill look more "substantial" rather than just a small Weber. I think the fold-down thermoset tables were the most practical Weber offered.

Right now, one of these is my daily driver. I switch out GrillGrates with cast iron for the summer and vice versa when the weather turns back toward cold.

So is it just a place to set the Jumbo Joe? Or you haven't gotten around to building the grill into the table, yet?

I was picturing a mini-Performer with a side burner, and my imagination started running.
The thought entered my mind, but with the JJ being removable it allows me to use the cart for other purposes.

Back