I will just leave this here

Here's one from my Catch and Release folder. It was about an hour away from me and I got in touch with the guy and the first thing he told me was that he had a higher offer than what the ad listed but if I still wanted it I could make an offer. Red flag #1. I told him if he had already made a commitment he should go through with it but then he said I could have it for $60. I told him I wasn't overly concerned about the price increase but asked for more pictures. He never sent them, and looking at the pictures he posted with the ad, one can see that the grill was wet down to make it shine and the fact that it was NG was obfuscated. Also note that the pictures are blurry and taken in shadow (it's a chocolate brown lid). I hope he found a good home for it.

View attachment 46639

I'd probably buy it for $40 just for the lid. It's got the side burner. Looks like the entire grill would restore nicely. But, yes, if the guy already has a buyer and is now holding an auction, like you I'd step aside.

I'd probably buy it for $40 just for the lid. It's got the side burner. Looks like the entire grill would restore nicely. But, yes, if the guy already has a buyer and is now holding an auction, like you I'd step aside.
Sometimes things just seem like somebody is trying to tell you something and if you continue to push it to make it happen you do so at your own risk. I like the thrill of the hunt mostly anyway. This is the chocolate brown that I ended up picking up...free. I was mostly interested in the lid and valve assy. The frame was held together with Tek screws and angle braces. All things come to he who waits.

1646587552593.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice and very rare lid. Good job. Keep us posted on where that lid winds up. Oh, that handle might even be salvageable.

Very nice and very rare lid. Good job. Keep us posted on where that lid winds up. Oh, that handle might even be salvageable.
This is really hard on a buy-and-hold guy like me. Then this one showed up...it was free, but I gave him $20 to hold it for me. I like the later burgundy as on my Platinum but this one has the serving trays.

The PO told me that he had put this one up earlier in the year and gotten no response.

1646591597602.jpeg

Last edited:
This is really hard on a buy-and-hold guy like me. Then this one showed up...it was free, but I gave him $20 to hold it for me. I like the later burgundy as on my Platinum but this one has the serving trays.

The PO told me that he had put this one up earlier in the year and got no response.

View attachment 46670
Wow that is the same color at the Genesis 5 I restored.
20210507_141336.jpg

Sometimes things just seem like somebody is trying to tell you something and if you continue to push it to make it happen you do so at your own risk. I like the thrill of the hunt mostly anyway. This is the chocolate brown that I ended up picking up...free. I was mostly interested in the lid and valve assy. The frame was held together with Tek screws and angle braces. All things come to he who waits.

View attachment 46656
If you are parting out this one, please PM about parts you don’t want.

The PO told me that he had put this one up earlier in the year and gotten no response.

View attachment 46670
Im assuming no doors correct?

It's a Genesis 4 (N4 as it is NG). It does not have the doors or the external burner, but has an additional table and serving tray.

MJ: That looks like a pretty good rehab candidate. I hope someone here can pick it up. $70 is a bit high, but probably still worth it to many. Offer $50.

MJ: That looks like a pretty good rehab candidate. I hope someone here can pick it up. $70 is a bit high, but probably still worth it to many. Offer $50.
We're traveling to visit my wife's parents in the Philly area soon. If it's still around, I may contact the guy. Might offer $50 including the propane tank. My father-in-law grills on this horrible POS grill. Would be nice to get him something decent. I now know to check the condition of the firebox and would have to see what parts are needed. Challenge would be that that think requires some unique parts. Probably best to find something more common to keep the restoration and maintenance simple.

That looks really good for an old Jr. I tend to think these are more for collectors than for reselling, but if you could clean it up well and be patient, you might find a sentimental buyer who would pay a solid price for something that uncommon.

We're traveling to visit my wife's parents in the Philly area soon. If it's still around, I may contact the guy. Might offer $50 including the propane tank. My father-in-law grills on this horrible POS grill. Would be nice to get him something decent. I now know to check the condition of the firebox and would have to see what parts are needed. Challenge would be that that think requires some unique parts. Probably best to find something more common to keep the restoration and maintenance simple.
Yea, probably not the best grill for what you are describing. Find a regular 3-burner Genesis that would be easier to find parts for and keep running.

I hope the same that someone here will get it. I may go after it for a lower price, much lower, I have one already almost done but not sure how to price it for a flip.

Just looking at ads for the area. My God, people want a lot for old Webers. I wonder if they get it. Searched South Jersey and couldn't find anything that looked reasonably priced.

Roy, you are learning fast. That last statement is golden. But if you want a rehab project, it is a good candidate. But, if it needs flavorizer bars and burners, you will find them hard to find and pricey.

I would find a nice Silver A for you FIL if you think a two burner is a good size for him.

Roy, you are learning fast. That last statement is golden. But if you want a rehab project, it is a good candidate. But, if it needs flavorizer bars and burners, you will find them hard to find and pricey.

I would find a nice Silver A for you FIL if you think a two burner is a good size for him.
Yes, a Silver A, B or C would be fine if it's in reasonably good shape. A 1000 too, but condition would be yet more important given the scarcity of replacement parts. Would also need to be close enough and cheap enough to warrant the effort. He's perfectly content with his POS grill. He doesn't spend much and doesn't mind replacing it every few years.

Back