I will just leave this here

I have an old 2009ish E310 Genesis Sidewinder that I am rehabbing. What are ya'll recommending for the texture/paint on the aluminum table end caps? I see that Krylon have a textured gray paint "Soapstone"

Would that work? Or will that surface get too hot?

This thread might interest you.

This thread might interest you.

- Read through that - none of them deal with restoring the texturing after sanding the aluminum down to metal? Perhaps I was too aggressive with the angle grinder?
That would be ok for the table end caps they don’t get too hot.
My main concern is the point where the inner edges of the aluminum make contact with the cook box.

Attachments

• Weber Grill.jpg
    Weber Grill.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6
My guess is you would have to add some type of media to the paint, hi heat or regular, to get a texture.

Rustoleum has textured paints like a hammered look. I doubt they have a matching textured grey

Unfortunately, none of the texture paint I have seen is rated for high heat. My solution is to put a layer of high heat paint on, then a layer of texture (whatever color) and then a final layer of high heat paint. I have done this and gotten a good appearance, but I have not used one for a long time to find out how it held up. Here's a Genesis Silver A I did that on. I didn't texture the whole thing, just touch up places. You can see it, but I think it was a huge improvement over unretouched:

IMG_1814.JPEG

What about using the wrinkle black paint that Harley Davidson uses on their engines? There is also VHT wrinkle black paint available.

Gerry

That guy on youtube that does a lot of "testing" has one with rust removers....pretty good one too.

If you guys are really interested in rust removal, check out electrolosis?

Last edited:

Back