I will just leave this here

I bought my first Weber Q about a week ago. I bought the Q 1200 which also came with a full full size tank of propane for $60. I've picked up a few more Q grills since then.
So today I thought I would test the Q market in my area and put it up for sale for $250. It's sold within 1 hour for full asking price. I kept the full tank of propane. I'm happy with the outcome. I got to test it out and make a little money.

View attachment 102235
They seem to be easy flippers here for me as well. I'm in the lakes region of NH though, lots of camping etc in the white mountain area

They seem to be easy flippers here for me as well. I'm in the lakes region of NH though, lots of camping etc in the white mountain area
That makes perfect sense! A lot of purposes for a travel Grill here also with mountains and lakes and ocean close driving distance but also a major metro area where a lot of people can't have have a big grill. And now I hear laws are cracking down on apartments and condos using grills on outdoor decks for safety purposes so people are trying to either get rid of their Grill because people are getting fines for having them or downsize to something small they can try and get away with.

You will be lucky to get half that for a Q1200 around here. They are only $259 new.
I was surprised myself. Didn't expect to sell it. Just threw it up for $250 on a whim. I did notice that all the ones for sale used are dirty and greasy and always terrible pictures and descriptions. No one around here wants to pay money for that. They're super easy to clean up. And it's not hard to put a couple extra seconds into taking some good pictures and writing a good description. I don't expect to make big money flipping Q grills but I think it'll be nice to try them out if I can pick them up for free or cheap and sell them for a little money. As long as it doesn't consume too much of my time. I'd like to get back to some Genesis x000 work. I have several to work on plus my AZ Junior.

I grabbed a couple of the Q grills this summer. Both in great shape. Not really thinking I’ll rehab and sell them. One to give to my daughter (Q100) and keep the other one (Q200, I think, has the tables that fold inside) just to have around, because free and portable.

I grabbed a couple of the Q grills this summer. Both in great shape. Not really thinking I’ll rehab and sell them. One to give to my daughter (Q100) and keep the other one (Q200, I think, has the tables that fold inside) just to have around, because free and portable.
Also the tables are cheap if you wanted to add them to your 100. They are great also to donate to friends and family. I like the idea of using one of them outside my garage while I'm working on my projects. Once I get working on stuff I don't like to stop and eat but if I have a grill right there with me I could do some burgers real quick and keep working.
Or maybe even a pizza in one of the bigger Q grills.

I agree guys. I gave a Q300 to the young kid that does my sand blasting and I have given away several more of them. I don't usually do a full rehab on them for give aways unless it is something special. I just deep clean them, replace what needs replacing and deliver.

I saw a hardly used traveler last week not far from me for $25. I got thinking about it for a little while, about 45-hour, and when I contacted them it was just spoken for. I thought that could have the potential to be a great spring time flip.

I saw a hardly used traveler last week not far from me for $25. I got thinking about it for a little while, about 45-hour, and when I contacted them it was just spoken for. I thought that could have the potential to be a great spring time flip.
Bought mine for $75 as a keeper for camping. It's an amazing little grill

That makes perfect sense! A lot of purposes for a travel Grill here also with mountains and lakes and ocean close driving distance but also a major metro area where a lot of people can't have have a big grill. And now I hear laws are cracking down on apartments and condos using grills on outdoor decks for safety purposes so people are trying to either get rid of their Grill because people are getting fines for having them or downsize to something small they can try and get away with.
I sold 4 of them this year, for $75-125. The most I had into any of them total was about $30. Not a ton of profit, but I enjoyed the process and it's fun to make them in dinner vibrant colors428fca32-ee8e-45aa-89f0-5b49805ca50ephoto.jpeg

I sold 4 of them this year, for $75-125. The most I had into any of them total was about $30. Not a ton of profit, but I enjoyed the process and it's fun to make them in dinner vibrant colorsView attachment 102291
This one almost looks like my idea of getting something close to the Kubota Orange and a Kubota Diesel Power badge like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/3150113983...5gEEzGRMjjpUcX7f5ipJF66g==|tkp:Bk9SR7z6mcHVZA
on my Q320. THinking I will do it next year.

Used a beautiful fall day to get caught up with stuff at home. Mowed the lawn, took yard waste and leaves to the dump, cleaned up the garage, organized and inventoried some grill stuff and made a little more room for winter activities. Watched the Packers win, and put a couple rehab lids in a safer area. Oh and had to make room to get the 330 in the garage! Missed out on the silver c, but happy(ish) wife, better life. Cheers 🍻

Attachments

• IMG_7817.jpeg
    IMG_7817.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7818.jpeg
    IMG_7818.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Back