I will just leave this here

I really try not to criticize people for a little cobble jobbing to keep an old grill going another few years, but what I don't like is when they are so proud of their cobble job that they think someone else is going to pay top dollar for it. In the case of this grill, I think the seller probably has it priced about right as someone can probably grab a few parts off the grill that would make the deal worth $30.

Fair enough, but what are you going to do with that mess? It's probably screwed into the frame.
I do like Sam's idea. "I think the hard to come by blue kettle is worth the $30. I would take it out and put it in a modern performer." I think buying one of those performer carts off Amazon would work well.

That is a great price for 7mm grates, however, most of them have 16 or more bars per grate. You may find those have a pretty large spacing between bars.
In hindsight, I could’ve done a better job filling in some details. I posted the rod count on these thinking others would make the connection that they had a fairly wide spacing. What I failed to consider is that most people probably aren’t wired quite the same way as myself when it comes to the minutiae of grill rods. Regardless, I picked up 6 sets of these for flip grills and not for personal use.

Anyone

What's the highest price a Genesis x000 has sold for that you know of?

A guy messaged me on my red 2000 and made me a pretty high offer and then when I finished my green 1000 LX he told me to name my price. I realized most people are all talk but I was just curious. Most likely will not sell my 1000 LX but maybe my Redhead 2000

It is probably going to be a Genesis 5000. But, I honestly cannot remember one being sold for a WOW price....I sold a Skyline several years ago for $400, but, I am sure someone has shelled out quite a few Benjamins for one at some point. I am looking forward to some of the responses.

Back