I will just leave this here

You must have found yourself someone to do sand blasting then?
I didnt sand blast, my colleague was happy to assist with a grinder/wire wheel. its not sandblast grade finish but did get that pesky paint off. Perhaps a scotch pad may improve the finish. I need to replace the gas line/connection but not sure what is current spec. I will do some research, I just dont like using aged gas hoses for safety reasons and cost to replace normally reasonable.

I am perfectly good with repainting the outside of cookbox that has been wire wheeled clean. In fact, I like that finish better than sand blasted ones.

. I need to replace the gas line/connection but not sure what is current spec. I will do some research, I just dont like using aged gas hoses for safety reasons and cost to replace normally reasonable.
If it's the same one the old Genesis grills use, I have had good luck with this one.Screenshot_20240210-144429.png

Hey Ralph, almost two years ago in a similar post you had suggested that I should look up a red gen 1000. I didn’t get it then, but a year later I did get it, and I’m cooking on it tonight.
Thanks again!View attachment 86308
Nice!. I'm not allowed to bring any more grills home, so I'm living vicariously through others. Hope that MHP finds a good home. How come the grill in your pic is green? Do you have multiple hoods like I do?

Paul,
That's pretty amazing! Look forward to more pictures and hope we REALLY DO have a summer get together. Having two Flat-Tops going at once will be something pretty unusual here in the US!

After tax season is over, I will start getting serious about planning to host a modest event here in Nowhere, Indiana :LOL: .

Paul,
That's pretty amazing! Look forward to more pictures and hope we REALLY DO have a summer get together. Having two Flat-Tops going at once will be something pretty unusual here in the US!

After tax season is over, I will start getting serious about planning to host a modest event here in Nowhere, Indiana :LOL: .
My diary is primed in anticipation! I had forgotten weber introduced the below, looks like it would drop right in! Somewhat pricey but will fit all the other genesis silver/1000 in the collection! 😂

Nice!. I'm not allowed to bring any more grills home, so I'm living vicariously through others. Hope that MHP finds a good home. How come the grill in your pic is green? Do you have multiple hoods like I do?
That hood has been on an early Silver B, then a Spirit 700, then my Gen 3000, and now the 1000.
I did have an extra red one, but gave it to a friend for his late Silver B. Interchangeability is great!

My diary is primed in anticipation! I had forgotten weber introduced the below, looks like it would drop right in! Somewhat pricey but will fit all the other genesis silver/1000 in the collection! 😂

Paul,
With that full size griddle, you will be updating your Flat-Top to be a modern Weber Slate or whatever they call their griddles. I like that the Weber griddle insert seems to have some ventilation. You will need to keep in mind that just like the 1st generation Summit 4-burner, that Flat-Top produces 50,000 btus when wide open 🔥 . That's a LOT more than a comparable sized Spirit 300, so throttling back when that griddle is on there will probably be a good idea!

Those old Golds are WIDE! They have a kind of "macho" look to them looking unlike most any other Weber offering. That thick frame and gull-wing tables with color keyed porcelain inserts are pretty unique.

Back