I will just leave this here

I am not sure if this just a new unused last years grill or a new 2024 version.

View attachment 85526
The only pictures I've seen of the new summit make it a 5 burner model so I think that one is the last version.

I am not sure if this just a new unused last years grill or a new 2024 version.

View attachment 85526
Last years or earlier on clearance sale. Here are some new Webers

1706297431013.jpeg

This kind of add makes me wonder about people. Do they really think their broken down grill is worth $550? Did they do any kind of research before they listed it? How is some one this clueless?

View attachment 85811
That's why you see some ads listed for literally years because nobody's falling for it. Did they include a picture of what I'm sure is the rusted out inside?

Nope, no photo of the inside of the cabinet. I just don't understand people being so out of touch. It almost seems like the seller has some kind of ulterior motive, but what that might be totally evades me.

Of course, there is probably some "out of touch" buyer out there that would buy it.

Seller did say that it “Grills like a champ!”

I suppose after some time if no response except from scammers, the seller will realize that price won’t work.

On the other hand, bargain prices can backfire as well. I was telling @Bruce about a decent Silver with dual flip tables. The seller reduced the price to just $20 and still couldn’t sell. I am almost certain it is the same grill that has now been listed at $50. I actually think this is a good strategy on the part of the seller.

My guess is they are clueless. For whatever reason they are selling, they look at the price of new, and post it for half what they think they paid for it "three years ago" at least in their mind it was three years ago and not 2015.

Or, they really need $500 out of it so they can get the whatever grill they want and if they can't get that they'll keep it.

My vote is the first reason.

We used car prices the last few years I understand what might be influencing pricing decisions.

When I talk to buyers of used grills they have a pretty good handle on used going prices. If something is high it will sit for years

Yah, I would be on that in a heart beat. Probably something simple.
Anyway, seems all the great deals on on the E or W coast.

Back