I will just leave this here

We bought a Spirit 700 new in 1994, similar to that except for the lid color. It is still in use at a friends house.
This one is proabably a Weber 900, as the Spirit 700 had molded tables. It seems to be missing one of the two lower trays.
The picture below shows mine as it was when I first found this forum, a couple of years ago.
The stationary table had melted, so I bought a new table from Weber.

Attachments

• IMG-1922.JPG
    IMG-1922.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
It doesn't look to be missing anthing really. The bottom rack is there. Heck even the warming rack. I'd just never seen a more "modern" 1st generation Genesis withour the left hand casters

We bought a Spirit 700 new, similar to that except for the lid color. It is still in use at a friends house.
This one is proabably a Weber 900, as the Spirit 700 had molded tables. It seems to be missing one of the two lower trays.
Hi Hank, I’m probably confusing it with this one I had which I believe is a Spirit 700. Nice grills and most of the parts are still available or can be substituted with Genesis B/C parts.

Attachments

• 185BBB15-6463-4D6C-8A49-ECFA3389C137.jpeg
    185BBB15-6463-4D6C-8A49-ECFA3389C137.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 10
Hi Hank, I’m probably confusing it with this one I had which I believe is a Spirit 700. Nice grills and most of the parts are still available or can be substituted with Genesis B/C parts.
I think you’re correct. Looks like your upper tray had also failed. For what it’s worth mine now also has a later molded upper table

Spirit 500s and 700s also had shallower lids than the 1000s and most of the later models
Earlier silver As also had lower lids but I’m not sure about 900s. Footprint was the same so they would all interchange with the taller lids.

Looking at the inside picture, the different tint of the bottom suggests that someone did some rust treatment and repainted. Nothing wrong with that. A ready to go stainless Platinum for a very fair price.

Looking at the inside picture, the different tint of the bottom suggests that someone did some rust treatment and repainted. Nothing wrong with that. A ready to go stainless Platinum for a very fair price.
Agreed, and you can see the bubbling if you zoom in. Still a great grill overall for sure

View attachment 81711

Anyone know anything about this ?

I picked it up from someone who was going to scrap it.
Nope, but google image search sez it is an enterprise fruit, wine press and sausage stuffer.

clean it up with some Rust=Eaze, oil it and flip.

Nope, but google image search sez it is an enterprise fruit, wine press and sausage stuffer.

clean it up with some Rust=Eaze, oil it and flip.

Thanks Dan.

The guy who gave it to me said it was missing the strainer- it still looks to be in working condition- I will probably stow it away until I have some time to clean it up.

Pretty darn good prices if you ask me. I would think either would be a great substitute for Thanksgiving dinner if you are not into Turkey or just want to do something different. Aldis add just came out today. Supplies may be limited at stores, so strike quick if you are interested.

2023-11-08_124128.jpg

Back