I will just leave this here

What would you do with it?
Joe- I don’t buy a lot of items from FMP, but that copper pot and stand looks really interesting.

I would check it out for sure and if I did buy it, it would be “just because”.

Last year someone in my neighborhood was selling a pristine hand crank laundry ringer- it was about 100 years old and still functioning.

I have it in storage. It’s probably not worth much, and I don’t have any plans on using it, but I just couldn’t pass on it.

If that is just dirt/dust and not Weber fade, that’s not a bad deal seeing as you also get a Weber older style vented cover that is prized by many.

I've been keeping my eye on that one hoping the price comes down a little more. I would like to find one with a better lid, this one could be it

Go get it, @Steve Hoch. Here’s the plan…I’ve been meaning to reach out to order some slats and handles from you anyways. I’ll Venmo you a $100 deposit in advance for you to use to buy the grill. That way you can tell yourself you traded some woodwork for the grill, instead. We can figure out the details on the stuff I need later.

Go get it, @Steve Hoch. Here’s the plan…I’ve been meaning to reach out to order some slats and handles from you anyways. I’ll Venmo you a $100 deposit in advance for you to use to buy the grill. That way you can tell yourself you traded some woodwork for the grill, instead. We can figure out the details on the stuff I need later.
Ahh gotta love this group of enablers :D

Yes, it is. I would like it to literally be in my backyard but I've never paid more than $50 for one these although I could probably sell the NG manifold and recoup some of my money.
Steve, I would contact the seller. My suspicion is that person has other grills or parts. Whoever worked on the grill knows enough to use substitution parts like the handle and knobs. The question would be why.

I also suspect that the lid is not grade A. That said it still might be a good deal.

That grill has had some serious mods. Just be careful on it. NG/LP converison? Lid handle and knobs are from a Silver B. Not sure what manifold and control panel is on there.

If you want a true Skyline it is going to require some parts swapping. At least it still has the condiment basket.

That grill has had some serious mods. Just be careful on it. NG/LP converison? Lid handle and knobs are from a Silver B. Not sure what manifold and control panel is on there.

If you want a true Skyline it is going to require some parts swapping. At least it still has the condiment basket.
Yeah, it looks like it was originally a NG grill. There is no tank scale or tank level sticker visible. The propane manifold visible on the bottom of the grill is a newer design and definitely didn't come with the grill. If I end up going to get it I have the rest of the parts needed to make it original and propane.

This is interesting, never heard of them before now
That is a deal! It is a very well built grill. They use them in competitions with Grillgrates for sear marks. It is also vented to do low and slow. I flipped one once. Do a Google search on them. The brand was resurrected and they now have new models

Back