I will just leave this here

I haven't seen a Genesis painted lid for a while.

Why would someone paint over that blue hood? Of course, we can't see up close, so maybe it has a lot of scratches or is hopelessly faded. For that price, if it were close to me I would grab it. Older blue hoods aren't very common around here.

With @LMichaels advice, I used paint stripper on one I had that was painted like that, and it turned out to be a beautiful maroon hood.

Maroon Hood Getting Paint Off.jpeg
Maroon Hood AFTER.jpeg

Yah that one could go either way. The blue looks to light to be the normal blue but that is probably the sun affecting it.
I picked up a Blue head a few years back like this where the guy even listed that the blue paint was peeling off. I could tell it was a blue lid with black paint and he argued with me about it, but I said fine and went and picked it up. Sure enough, it was a very nice condition blue lid that had been painted black. This grill however I can't be so sure on. Besides, it is hundreds of miles away from me anyway. :(

Yah that one could go either way. The blue looks to light to be the normal blue but that is probably the sun affecting it.
I picked up a Blue head a few years back like this where the guy even listed that the blue paint was peeling off. I could tell it was a blue lid with black paint and he argued with me about it, but I said fine and went and picked it up. Sure enough, it was a very nice condition blue lid that had been painted black. This grill however I can't be so sure on. Besides, it is hundreds of miles away from me anyway. :(

Whether blue or black, it looks like whoever painted it may have prepped with some 120 grit sandpaper.

That is likely Larry. However, I just don't understand why the two burn marks are isolated in those specific locations. You would think there would be burn marks up from the bottom of the lid or the inside liner would show signs of burning as well. Just weird and hard to figure out.

That is likely Larry. However, I just don't understand why the two burn marks are isolated in those specific locations. You would think there would be burn marks up from the bottom of the lid or the inside liner would show signs of burning as well. Just weird and hard to figure out.
Likely not burner marks but "burn" marks. Lay odds something on the grates (maybe a couple fatty steaks, chicken pieces etc) caught fire up there and discolored it

Back