I will just leave this here

I had picked up a Spirit 2 burner (front knob) where the people had taken one of the side tables off...... Why would you do that if the fold down???? And then to lose said table........

I don't own one of these, but it seems like a great price if you want to give one a try.

Being color blind always makes me question the color of grills I see in photos, but I can say this much about this one. I have never seen one with this shade of green before....Or is it just the sunlight?

361158829_9903453639726474_8195653780959053818_n.jpg

Scored a nice Spirit/Silver A on CL today for free!!! REALLY clean --- minimal cleaning of the grates (not) needed - didn't even have to hose it off!
Already reposted and hoping for a quick flip this weekend!

I would have actually contemplated keeping this one to go with my 3 burner..... it would have been a matched set. But there is some bubbling in the cabinet and the left side table has some wiggle in it ---- I think the welds are weak/broken and that just irks me to no end.....

Otherwise a pretty sweet deal!

Attachments

• 20230902_164505.jpg
    20230902_164505.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230902_164515.jpg
    20230902_164515.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230902_164527.jpg
    20230902_164527.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230902_164611.jpg
    20230902_164611.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 12
Yah, no reason to push that grill to the curb. Although, if any more moisture gets inside the cabinet, you are going to start to see some nasty rust. It is already under the paint.

Yep. Thats why I'm going for a quick flip. There is also bubbling on the frame under the control panel too..... It would be easy to cure if I wanted to keep it, but the wiggly left table just doesn't do it for me.....

Its funny ---- my 3 burner had the same problem with the wiggly left table ---- and had a bad manifold that started fires - I think I had fixed it by tightening the valves to the manifold, but they were still torched ---- so I picked up a donor grill that had a broken lid hinge - perfect manifold and swapped out the left table tubing ---- SOLID now. Not planning on trying to find donor parts now.... I 'may' go out and see how hard it would be to swap out the magnets for the doors since my 3 burner ones are toast........

I finally got around to reimagining a Platinum C Stainless frame grill that I had been hanging on to after stripping away and tossing all of the rotten steel panels. I started by fabricating in some aluminum front and rear lower crossmembers. From there, I eliminated the side burner, swing up tables, gray control panel, and stainless inlaid work tables. Instead, I went for a pair of standard round front thermoset work tables and a black control panel in their place. I didn’t bother with sandblasting the cook box interior since I expect it to be a daily driver in its new life. However; I did my usual new stuff…igniter, burners, bars, grates casters, etc along with painting the end caps and cook box. I repurposed a bottom rack from another grill in the boneyard by flipping it over and am actually surprised at just how well and snugly it fits and stays in place. Finally, I finished it off with a redhead lid and some custom blue wheel inserts to give it an all-American look. It was a nice diversion to just make something the way I wanted to for a change instead of working to a customer spec. Hopefully, someone likes it well enough around my neck of the woods to give it a new home. Happy Labor Day!

IMG_3319.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3320.jpeg
    IMG_3320.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3318.jpeg
    IMG_3318.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3321.jpeg
    IMG_3321.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3322.jpeg
    IMG_3322.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3325.jpeg
    IMG_3325.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3326.jpeg
    IMG_3326.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I like it, a lot. The open cart, thermoset shelves should hold up very well if kept outside in winter. If I was still cooking with gas, that could be my daily driver.

Great grill there. One question. What about the tank? Does it ride on the bumpers good? Or did you lower it?

Great grill there. One question. What about the tank? Does it ride on the bumpers good? Or did you lower it?
It’s a good question. I wasn’t sure how I was going to tackle the bumpers. I had been tossing several ideas around in my head to fabricate something and figured the best way to see what I needed to do was to hang the tank so I went that route. What you see is a whole lotta nothing. To my surprise, it hangs straight and true with just tank scale clamp holding it. The only other thing I did was to change out the stamped steel wing nut on the tank scale in favor of a stainless steel wing nut as I usually like to do.

I finally got around to reimagining a Platinum C Stainless frame grill that I had been hanging on to after stripping away and tossing all of the rotten steel panels. I started by fabricating in some aluminum front and rear lower crossmembers. From there, I eliminated the side burner, swing up tables, gray control panel, and stainless inlaid work tables. Instead, I went for a pair of standard round front thermoset work tables and a black control panel in their place. I didn’t bother with sandblasting the cook box interior since I expect it to be a daily driver in its new life. However; I did my usual new stuff…igniter, burners, bars, grates casters, etc along with painting the end caps and cook box. I repurposed a bottom rack from another grill in the boneyard by flipping it over and am actually surprised at just how well and snugly it fits and stays in place. Finally, I finished it off with a redhead lid and some custom blue wheel inserts to give it an all-American look. It was a nice diversion to just make something the way I wanted to for a change instead of working to a customer spec. Hopefully, someone likes it well enough around my neck of the woods to give it a new home. Happy Labor Day!

View attachment 78346
That's some excellent work, very nicely thought through

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-06 at 09.43.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-06 at 09.43.43.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 14

Back