I will just leave this here

REMEMBER WHEN?

Do you remember when Amazon and many other online retailers did not collect state sales tax on purchases? I was just looking on one my invoices from Amazon and I miss those days.
I am not sure when Amazon started collecting state sales tax, but if someone could compile a list of large established retailers who have gone out of business since that date, it would be interesting.

"it comes with lava rocks for better heat distribution "
355062117_7016215215064515_2552396630896649491_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/570527105252138

I think it's been at least 10 years. Technically you're supposed to pay your own state sales tax any time you buy something away. I regularly escape IL and go to WI for many purchases as the tax here is close to 10%. WI half that. So many times Fleet Farm or Farm & Fleet in WI will get my $$$. When I bought our Inverter Generator for power backup. I discovered Northern Tool in Madison sold the same one Hazard Fraught does except theirs is blue, carried a longer warranty and cost about $75 less. Between all those things plus the HUGE saving in sales taxes a few $$$ worth of gas (which I also bought in WI :D) was more than worth it.

Lived in Delaware for years...no state sales tax. Moved to PA plus the beach house in NJ. PA is 6% plus gas tax and state run liquor store prices are significantly higher than Delaware. NJ is goofy with a 6.625% sales tax but gas and alcohol are definitely cheaper than PA. NJ also has "Urban Enterprise Zones" where sales tax is only 3.3%...Millville is one of them and is on the way to our beach house. Best Buy, BJs, Home Depot, Lowe's and Walmart all have stores there...I think that policy ends soon though.
Routinely smuggle wine and fill the tank in/from Delaware stores as it's a 6 mile drive. Or, I'll pick up a TV or other more costly item if it's 65" or less from Delaware. Most other stuff we just bite the bullet in PA.

Last edited:
I think it's been at least 10 years. Technically you're supposed to pay your own state sales tax any time you buy something away. I regularly escape IL and go to WI for many purchases as the tax here is close to 10%. WI half that. So many times Fleet Farm or Farm & Fleet in WI will get my $$$. When I bought our Inverter Generator for power backup. I discovered Northern Tool in Madison sold the same one Hazard Fraught does except theirs is blue, carried a longer warranty and cost about $75 less. Between all those things plus the HUGE saving in sales taxes a few $$$ worth of gas (which I also bought in WI :D) was more than worth it.
Thanks Larry. We appreciate it. :D

Never had a traffic ticket in all my 50 years of driving.
Few warnings, yah, but no actual tickets.
Had so many when I was younger, some of the cops knew me by first name. I think a couple had pre written tickets with my name on them :D And it was directed more at WI drivers as a whole. No matter what lane you're in or how fast you're going they crawl right up your butt

Nah, you guys obviously don't get many tickets. The way the traffic is flying north on Fridays and South on Sundays on I90/I94/I39 should provide a lot of income for the state patrol, but it doesn't seem like they utilize that option very often.

Back