I will just leave this here

I am trying to thin my herd. I have become good at resisting stuff that I really don't have a use for at the time. Some of the stuff that I have accumulated, I need to start using up, selling or disposing of though.

I am trying to thin my herd. I have become good at resisting stuff that I really don't have a use for at the time. Some of the stuff that I have accumulated, I need to start using up, selling or disposing of though.
How many whole grills do you think you could make out of all your extra parts? That might be a practical way of going at it first. I was just going through some of my extra grill parts today trying to reorganize my garage. I definitely have some stuff I know I will never use and would be happy if someone came by and took some of it home.

I was in CHicago a bit over a week ago. Wish I had known that.

I could maybe do up ten Genesis 1000 grills, but several would have sub standard quality parts. Probably what I should do is just sort out all the "junk" parts.....of course, if I do that, next week I would be kicking myself. hahaha. I have Jon coming up later this summer and I am hoping to dump a lot of my Genesis 1-5 and 1000-5000 stuff on him. But I have lots of grease pans that are on their last leg and lots of thermoset tables that are pretty bad off along with a ton of tank scale/holders that are pretty corroded and nasty. A bunch of manifolds, end caps, used burners, cabinet parts, grates, flavo bars, and stuff like that, that are still in pretty good shape, but generally not worthy of a rehab grill. Plus, I have collected about 5 or 6 genesis rotisseries....I keep thinking I will put them on my rehabs, but I always forget. Lids, lids, and more lids as well.

Bruce, I doubt I have anything you would need or want. I think I would have a lot more fun picking through your stuff. I think pretty much everything that isn't porcelain coated can be made nice again with some effort. The biggest thing that slows my roll is not being able to get new control panels. I don't want to do a complete restoration on a grill to put a faded and chipped one on that you have to look at every time you use the grill. I wished I liked the Silver B more, you can still get drip trays and control panels for the later ones. Maybe I should pick one up and see if I can get wood tables to work with one, that would probably improve my opinion of them. I don't have a problem with the way they cook, I just don't like the plastic tables.

Bruce, I doubt I have anything you would need or want. I think I would have a lot more fun picking through your stuff. I think pretty much everything that isn't porcelain coated can be made nice again with some effort. The biggest thing that slows my roll is not being able to get new control panels. I don't want to do a complete restoration on a grill to put a faded and chipped one on that you have to look at every time you use the grill. I wished I liked the Silver B more, you can still get drip trays and control panels for the later ones. Maybe I should pick one up and see if I can get wood tables to work with one, that would probably improve my opinion of them. I don't have a problem with the way they cook, I just don't like the plastic tables.

I don’t see why you couldn’t put wood tables on a silver b or c. Hardest part would be the removal of the molded frame ends without damage for swing table installation, but you could do without them.
I put a bunch of silver b parts on my spirit 700 before I gave it to a friend.
There is a guy on Etsy who has has 3D printed a bunch of the pre 2000 end caps with table support., but I don’t know how strong they will be.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1425496870/weber-end-bracket-for-side-table-3d?ref=share_v4_lx

Last edited:
I was in CHicago a bit over a week ago. Wish I had known that.

I could maybe do up ten Genesis 1000 grills, but several would have sub standard quality parts. Probably what I should do is just sort out all the "junk" parts.....of course, if I do that, next week I would be kicking myself. hahaha. I have Jon coming up later this summer and I am hoping to dump a lot of my Genesis 1-5 and 1000-5000 stuff on him. But I have lots of grease pans that are on their last leg and lots of thermoset tables that are pretty bad off along with a ton of tank scale/holders that are pretty corroded and nasty. A bunch of manifolds, end caps, used burners, cabinet parts, grates, flavo bars, and stuff like that, that are still in pretty good shape, but generally not worthy of a rehab grill. Plus, I have collected about 5 or 6 genesis rotisseries....I keep thinking I will put them on my rehabs, but I always forget. Lids, lids, and more lids as well.
What about just selling “Factory Seconds” rehabs with lower “quality” for less?

Basically just selling flips that aren’t sandblasted, perfection, but are fully functional grills for half the price, and then you still profit and serve some of that lower priced market also.

Kinda like how GM makes Cadillacs but also makes Chevys

Redhead Genesis charcoal grill Franklin NY $35
Not sure where to put this one...

I am quite sure you could put wood shelves on a Silver B. It would take a little modification maybe, but probably would not be difficult.
What about just selling “Factory Seconds” rehabs with lower “quality” for less?

Basically just selling flips that aren’t sandblasted, perfection, but are fully functional grills for half the price, and then you still profit and serve some of that lower priced market also.

Kinda like how GM makes Cadillacs but also makes Chevys
John: I have done a couple grills like that. But, I personally find that buyers really like the "nearly new" look. I have had several people ask if I could rehab their grill for them and I always give them the option of a full on rehab or a just a good cleaning and re-using and cleaning up the old flavo bars, grates and burners if practical. They always balk at that idea after they see one of my rehabs with the blasted fire box and mostly or all new internals. If I do a rehab for myself, I would not scrape out the inside of the lid and I would not blast the cook box...but that is me...my customers want different. There are just too many "USED" Webers out there on the market to compete with in that $200-$250 range. I will be selling a Summit S470 later this summer that will not be a full on rehab.

354162191_10028532690497644_6459083486767349860_n.jpg

A 25 year old that looks like it needs just a little attention to be good for another 25. I guess the springtime deals are still popping up.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/653067369551027

I am off doing any more 1000's, although I was out near Milwaukee picking up a Genesis 5000. I wish I hadn't gone. It was rust mess.

Back