I will just leave this here

I would grab it for parts. On the other hand it might be an easy flip with a DIY wood shelf added to the bottom.

Man, this peer pressure is killing me lol. I made an offer to the guy and he told me that if it's still available tomorrow then I can pick it up. I did show my friend and he said he'd like it so I'll make him go pick it up tomorrow lol. It's not much to look at right now but it is the hard to find 3000 frame so that's a good starting point.

I still don't think you will have a complete grill. There is a panel on the bottom, but that could either be one of the two bottom panels or the left hand swing table. Either way, you need two more sets of Z brakets and maybe the swing table hardware. But, still both are worth grabing. Take what you need and toss the rest.

There are a several people on here that would kill for just the red head lid.

Yah, I was mostly worried about the missing cross bar on the 3000 but I think I have a spare in my garage. What I will salvage from the 1000 are the LP tank components as I don't have spares of those. I also have an extra swing table and hardware that I can use.

Last edited:
I still don't think you will have a complete grill. There is a panel on the bottom, but that could either be one of the two bottom panels or the left hand swing table. Either way, you need two more sets of Z brakets and maybe the swing table hardware. But, still both are worth grabing. Take what you need and toss the rest.

There are a several people on here that would kill for just the red head lid.

Something about the red head my daughter got married 2 weeks ago had quite the crew in at my house and hotels showed them the 1000 red head and the Silver C which was almost done that has a red head also. They and they are not into grills thought they were both so beautiful of course they liked the 1000 better because of the wood but they also liked the silver with the grey end caps.

My sister said to me you are going to get the propane dress for the Silver as shout out to Jon they think that accessory really added to the look they loved it and I will.

I have to be able to flip a grill with at least $100 over cost of grill and new parts to consider it.

Same here as well. I want to make at least $100 profit on any rehab. $100 for the red head might be reasonable if all interior parts are really new and it just needs some cleaing and paint. With some stain on the wood and some fresh paint on the firebox it would look nice.

I am making notes on the comments you guys are posting on desired profits.
Be sure to make a point to check out a new thread I will be posting on this
exact subject later on this weekend.

As for Beverly, she may need to have the ad up for a few weeks to get her thinking right.

No it is not worth that much. At least not in my area. Completely restored I might get maybe $250 for it. And that is optimistic. But I have not sold any ones that old yet.
I sold a fully restored Silver B with dura wood shelves last year and $200 was the max I could get after a few weeks.
Plus people here don’t seem to care care about the colored lids. I had a Silver C with green lid which did not move for weeks. When I swapped the lid for SS I sold it within days.

Back