I will just leave this here

Jason, I have been keeping my eyes open for a killer deal on a bullet as well....but more for a flipping opportunity. Just seems like something that might be a fun rehab.

I see a fair amount of WSM bullets of all sizes but seldom a bargain. I think owners of these tend to be more knowledgeable and less likely to have a “trash and dump” attitude.

Yah, I see a fair number of them as well, but nothing under $100.

By the way Jon, clean up your inbox. :)

It would definitely be a serious job with costs hard to contain such as getting tempered glass replacements made somewhere. Only worth it to a collector (I hear you - an idiot like me:eek:). I actually never thought the glass doors were a really smart or even attractive idea for a grill. Reminds me of my old stereo cabinet from 1982.

I like the way that one looks better than the all stainless ones, but if I ever would try to do something with one it would be the all stainless model. Everyone seems to agree, though, that they have virtually no flip potential. I don't think they are compelling enough for a "keeper" - at least to me - but someone interested CAN get many replacement parts.

You can even get parts for the very old classic Ducanes that look like Broilmasters. Having never cooked on one, I will take Larry's advice based on personal experience and assume they are NOT a Broilmaster equivalent. So, I don't expect to ever do anything with one, but I might take on another Broilmaster someday.

Yah, I see a fair number of them as well, but nothing under $100.

By the way Jon, clean up your inbox. :)

There are not that many of them. I got an 18.5” last year for $75 and sold it this year for $150. After using it two or three times. Then I was lucky to get one of the $100 HD sales and flipped it for $200. Lol
People seem to know the value of these and don’t let them go cheap. Similar to Performers. So when you find one, jump on it.

I hear ya Bruce. We always seem to miss one. But $25 on WSM is really cheap. Plus nothing really goes bad on these.

Parts grill. If it is nearby, go get it.

True, but the thing I don't need extra now is more parts lol. I'm trying to restore a classic Genesis grill for a friend and he wants one with a side burner and this might be the likely candidate right now because there aren't a whole lot of grills out there with side burners out for sale yet let alone for free.

True. Grab it and rehab it. It will work fine as is. You just need a few parts, Z brackets and swing table HW and the make your own wood slats. Or wait for a donor grill to grab the parts.

Add the table and bottom shelf as you get them.

Back