I will just leave this here

I bought one almost like that ( with liner intact, but the open cart ) just for the RH tables, $40 with the tank. I saw that it had the roti bracket on it and asked the seller if it came with the roti...surprise of surprises, the seller included a compete almost new Weber rotisserie setup with one of those Viking BQRB308T half-basket with clamps gizmos. I think it's worth the $40 - $50 just for the RH tables and RH table end cap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217_002722_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230217_002722_Chrome.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
They are not nearly as common as the standard $9890 rotisserie by Weber. But they are out there.
I actually have another New In Box one.

They are not nearly as common as the standard $9890 rotisserie by Weber. But they are out there.
I actually have another New In Box one.
I've only used it once, just to try it out...it takes more clean-up afterwards than the plain ol' forks. And I didn't penetrate the meat with the hold-downs like you did and the ribs tended to slide around a little, but I can see where it would be handy to have, and I think it looks cool! I'm very happy to have one.

Ed, those rotos are only good for certain items. A nice tenderloin would probably work well. The biggest issue with them is that the item being cooked is very hard to get balanced and if it is a big item, it would just be too out of balance to use that style roto. A 12 lb turkey comes to mind. I have both styles, but I find the basket style works well with my ribs. And yes, they are much harder to clean up than the fork style. Especially when you have baked on BBQ sauce all over them. But, once you take the spindles out of each end, they fit in a dishwasher which gets them 90% clean usually.
One trick that I use to "balance" a meat on those kind of rotos is to use a small vice grip pliers as the counterbalance. Kinda hicksville, but it does work well.

Incidentally, the Ralphs store in my area has a digital deal on the St. Louis-style pork ribs for $1.99/lb this week. We bought 4 slabs. I'm sure you can guess what I'm a-thinkin'...

Your a thinkin you got a good deal for one thing. The other thing you are thinking is that your yearly physical is 8 month off and you don't have to worry about the weigh in for a loooong time.
Growing up, we were among those kids that were always told about all the starving kids in Japan and how we needed to clean our plates. Little did we know how that would come back to haunt us.

Yeah, she can sear, even without GrillGrate grates!

I only was able to do one cook on my Summit before leaving to work in Florida for almost two weeks. I am back, and today I brushed off the lightly falling snow from my finally finished Summit project to make a burger for lunch.

IMG_1571.jpeg

Before you say "Overkill!!" consider that with this Summit's setup I was able to just use the right zone of two burners. So really, it was fairly gas economical. More importantly, it was FUN to use this so very cool grill! Looking forward to many more cooks and learning how to use it better.

Oh, and yes, even with only two burners lit, she CAN sear: :coolkettle:

IMG_1573 (2).jpeg

If you got 'em, use 'em. That is my motto any way. But that is a very pretty grill there.
When I think about it, it is kind of silly to let it sit collecting dust in the back of the garage. I can't cover it because then my cats crawl underneath it and sleep there so I may as well just use it. I will definitely post pictures if I decide to do it.

Yeah, Steve, that one is a very elegant grill, along the lines of my old Skyline grill. It will be hard to see the first grease splattered all over!

I actually got to see my old Skyline grill while I was working in Florida as I helped out my friend (and boss) by replacing the igniter and trying to help do what I could with the handle light he didn’t even realize he had. (One side ruined by corroded batteries😟.)

BEB357BC-A40C-44E2-B810-6F59A9B7AD5D.jpeg
271E2F0F-CE68-4F16-BD4C-FEA051340446.jpeg

I told him that his grill was more elegant while my “new” Summit was more a “business only” kind of grill. I think Larry @LMichaels compared his old - and now my - Summit to Sean Connery in a tux. I would say your beauty is more like the late Raquel Welch in her prime wearing a black evening dress😎!

Yeah, Steve, that one is a very elegant grill, along the lines of my old Skyline grill. It will be hard to see the first grease splattered all over!

I actually got to see my old Skyline grill while I was working in Florida as I helped out my friend (and boss) by replacing the igniter and trying to help do what I could with the handle light he didn’t even realize he had. (One side ruined by corroded batteries😟.)

View attachment 66430
View attachment 66431

I told him that his grill was more elegant while my “new” Summit was more a “business only” kind of grill. I think Larry @LMichaels compared his old - and now my - Summit to Sean Connery in a tux. I would say your beauty is more like the late Raquel Welch in her prime wearing a black evening dress😎!
I never get tired of seeing pictures of your old skyline, it was definitely the inspiration for what I did with my own grill. It is also what made me want a skyline grill of my own!

Yeah, she can sear, even without GrillGrate grates!

I only was able to do one cook on my Summit before leaving to work in Florida for almost two weeks. I am back, and today I brushed off the lightly falling snow from my finally finished Summit project to make a burger for lunch.

View attachment 66422

Before you say "Overkill!!" consider that with this Summit's setup I was able to just use the right zone of two burners. So really, it was fairly gas economical. More importantly, it was FUN to use this so very cool grill! Looking forward to many more cooks and learning how to use it better.

Oh, and yes, even with only two burners lit, she CAN sear: :coolkettle:

View attachment 66421
#FRONTCONTROLSAREOK2

Back