I will just leave this here

American brand grill. Looks like it has a built in TV.

Hey everyone

I'm down in New Zealand and restoring my Silver C. Finding a weber gasser of this era was hard enough let alone a x000 genesis. I'm ditching the plastic components of my silver and replacing with wood. I'll probably just make my own set of utensil hooks however I do like the older genesis ones that attach under the control panel. Is there anywhere that sells these new as replacements or is it just a matter of finding used parts on CL?
Thanks!
Josh

Hey everyone

I'm down in New Zealand and restoring my Silver C. Finding a weber gasser of this era was hard enough let alone a x000 genesis. I'm ditching the plastic components of my silver and replacing with wood. I'll probably just make my own set of utensil hooks however I do like the older genesis ones that attach under the control panel. Is there anywhere that sells these new as replacements or is it just a matter of finding used parts on CL?
Thanks!
Josh

Hey Josh,

You can still find the weber stainless steel tool clips listed online, but I don't know if they are really in stock or if it is a dead page that hasn't been updated.

A part number I found was

weber 99835 tool holder

I also don't know what is cost effective to have shipped to NZ.

Some sites have them for about $15 each, but here is one three for $12.99 USD

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Weber-Stainless-Steel-Tool-Holders/923559156

You might also add a "want-to-buy" in the for-sale forum. It might get more eyes on it.

I remember when that Genesis Gold was near the top of the pecking order. The rusty bottom won't be an easy fix, but it still has some real class about it. The black and stainless gives a nice balanced look, way better in my estimation than an all-stainless grill. While I know the closed in cabinet creates a rust trap, it also gives this grill a more modern and "substantial" look than the open cart equivalent.

Someday I may pursue what the sheet metal shop I have used would charge to make replacement cabinet sides and back for these grills. I would replace the bottom with frame tubes for the front and back and use a wire rack just like Weber did on the 1st generation Summit. Or, you could make durawood slat shelves.

Hey everyone

Thanks!
Josh
Josh, you might be surprised at what you may still be able to get by contacting Weber in New Zealand if they have an office there or Weber grill retailers that I'm sure exist there.

Hey Josh,

You can still find the weber stainless steel tool clips listed online, but I don't know if they are really in stock or if it is a dead page that hasn't been updated.

A part number I found was

weber 99835 tool holder

I also don't know what is cost effective to have shipped to NZ.

Some sites have them for about $15 each, but here is one three for $12.99 USD

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Weber-Stainless-Steel-Tool-Holders/923559156

You might also add a "want-to-buy" in the for-sale forum. It might get more eyes on it.
Thanks very much Dan

"Imperfections as shown in picture but still in great working condition."

Rusty Genesis Sidewinder Red.jpg

Actually, really a shame that it is damaged outside and completely rusted out inside, because this sidewinder is in the uncommon but very sharp brick red color:

Rusty Genesis Sidewinder Red2.jpg

I remember when that Genesis Gold was near the top of the pecking order. The rusty bottom won't be an easy fix, but it still has some real class about it. The black and stainless gives a nice balanced look, way better in my estimation than an all-stainless grill. While I know the closed in cabinet creates a rust trap, it also gives this grill a more modern and "substantial" look than the open cart equivalent.

Someday I may pursue what the sheet metal shop I have used would charge to make replacement cabinet sides and back for these grills. I would replace the bottom with frame tubes for the front and back and use a wire rack just like Weber did on the 1st generation Summit. Or, you could make durawood slat shelves.
it doesn't really look all that bad. I wonder if it is just surface rust.

315082583_5721447731315265_649541388187473339_n.jpg

I have definitely seen worse, such as that brick red sidewinder. It might be possible to remove the worst and then coat both sides (and probably the lower parts of the sides and back) with POR-15 and buy years more use. I do like the style of those grills. That one just needs the dyeing technique @Bruce has shown to make the knobs and igniter switch black. Maybe add a Weber handle light and you would have a super nice grill once cleaned up and internal parts updated.

Back