I will just leave this here

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I don't believe the one Darren posted is a current model Premium. The one he posted has the larger 8-inch wheels and longer legs. Those are now the Master Touch and have a lid bale, but I don't know if they were always that way. Also possible parts from two kettles were cobbled together. Ask me how I know!

I don't believe the one Darren posted is a current model Premium. The one he posted has the larger 8-inch wheels and longer legs. Those are now the Master Touch and have a lid bale, but I don't know if they were always that way. Also possible parts from two kettles were cobbled together. Ask me how I know!

Good catch on the smaller wheels. I need to retract my winner winner comment and replace it with a < broken shrug emoji >

My curiosity is getting the better of me and I found this: http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history

and, according to that page, the Gen 1 mastertouch came with a lid bale as does the Gen 2 MT.

Maybe Jon is right that it is a combination of kettles. I wonder if it was assembled in a store and they swapped MT legs with a premium kettle.

Maybe

I found this pic of a premium on the web but it's a European model.
Notice the difference in the location of the top vent vs Darren's pic. And the hub caps are different.
Weber_Original_kettle_premium_22-589ddba23df78c47588abdbf.jpg

It is in his back yard now. Good internals, fires up, complete.
Fit well in car as described above by Bruce above.
Very complete except for the loss of one knob in transit.
It sat for many years in sand, so the castered legs will need repair. New leg frame or tube in tube reinforcement.
My friend (also named Bruce) will use it as a daily and not do a restoration.
Successful rescue, it will see good use, and the prior owners are delighted.
Hi,
I'm not sure if this will be of any concern to your friend, but I think you have a C4 not a D4. The D4 has an infrared rotisserie burner.

It's on Ebay. I would "make an offer" of $10 and see what happens. If was in the market for one that is.

Genesis 1000 $20, Mason IL (near St Louis)

Another tired but nice old Genny. If I wasn’t buried in grill projects I might take it. It won’t be all that long before you stop seeing these early Webers coming up for sale. It’s about an hour and a half from me, but the reality is that means a $20 grill becomes a $50 one, not to mention time spent. Not worth that given the uncertain condition.

I once went across Florida to get a “free” redhead. My wife went with me so we could make a day trip. When we stopped for the grill, she said, “We came all this way for THAT!” Turns out she was pretty much right as the frame wasn’t any good and it had the most rotted out firebox I ever saw, riddled with holes. It became scrap aluminum and I had a red hood and a few parts to show for my time and gas.

I have similar things with mixers as well. I'm littered with mixer skeletons. Sometimes I get them and then decide afterward they're only worth a few hard to find parts. So they sit and gather dust while slowly becoming "organ donors"

I love that one, Gerry. It’s very close to where my wife grew up, and she has family still there. My cousin-in-law would probably be willing to get it for me, but the asking price is very much a non-starter. He would have to come down A LOT😳!

Lowes in Canada is clearing out the Summit Kamado E6 for 40% off right now. Great deal for people that want one.

This is one I have not heard of before. Interesting. It says it is cast iron and I saw one other reference to them possibly being cast iron. Those would be some really heavy grills.

This is one I have not heard of before. Interesting. It says it is cast iron and I saw one other reference to them possibly being cast iron. Those would be some really heavy grills.

It seems that this company is most well-known for cast iron cookware. However, this particular grill seems to be cast aluminum. It looks a lot like an early PK Executive grill like I have but with different vents, even the handle looks like a PK one. It wouldn't surprise me if Atlanta Stove had them made for them by PK.

This is my unrestored PK Executive:

PK View from top.jpg

Here is a discussion from another board where someone has one of the Atlanta Stove CueWagons:

I read that forum thread. Problem was that without being a member, I could not see the photos that were posted.

Yes it’s aluminum and I’d like to find that model. The handle was a vendor supplied part that many companies used(Cue,ASW,Bradley,Charcoal Champ, Charbroil and PK) just to name a few. Same with that Executive model handle Jon. That Cue would restore beautifully. I’ll just mention here for any PK fans the Weber handle guy on eBay(executor70) is making a wood version handle with the orange logo, loop style not the flat type as the executive. I’ll post when I get that.

Yes it’s aluminum and I’d like to find that model. The handle was a vendor supplied part that many companies used(Cue,ASW,Bradley,Charcoal Champ, Charbroil and PK) just to name a few. Same with that Executive model handle Jon. That Cue would restore beautifully. I’ll just mention here for any PK fans the Weber handle guy on eBay(executor70) is making a wood version handle with the orange logo, loop style not the flat type as the executive. I’ll post when I get that.
Thanks, Mike! He makes beautiful handles, several of which I have. I will be very interested to see what he does for PK grills.

Back