I will just leave this here

I am not saying it won't be of use, but just a bit of a one trick pony IMO. I have done fine cooking pizza on my Genesis simply by cooking it with a pizza tin under it. They already make stones that work fine in most grills for pizza.
If the thing didn't cost $800 plus, it would be a bit easier to swallow. I just don't see a huge market for something that basically does one thing and costs that much.

It’s the ghost of Webers past!

I believe it is a rather complete Junior despite the custom paintwork. I might have to make the long ride if somebody closer doesn’t grab it. It’s definitely a worthy candidate for a restoration that would include some fresh porcelain from IPE.

Pic for posterity…

6EAA1158-AEF8-44A4-8D24-38FE5EE685A4.png

I do hope someone close enough can rescue that Jr.

Paint stripper will clean up the hood very easily. I wonder what is underneath. It wouldn't be the first gem that someone did something like that to it:

Maroon Genesis BEFORE.jpg

Maroon Hood Getting Paint Off.jpeg
Maroon Hood AFTER.jpeg

A RESTORED 2nd Generation Summit Gold 4-Burner

You don't see this very often, but someone here has replaced some obvious rust-prone parts and done other preparation to sell their 2nd generation Summit:

Has rotisserie and separate smoker burner/box. No rear infrared, so I guess you serious roto cookers would pan this one. Still, I give the seller credit for not pawning off another worn-out and dirty Summit.

Still has pretty serious issues
316533442_4927158064054296_6187316182804250459_n.jpg

Good eye on that, Larry. Maybe someday I will work with my sheet metal shop to come up with a fix for these second generation Summits.

About 15 miles from me, but too big for to move, restore, or use.
Be happy to go look.... Or, share a latte as you pass by.
2004 Summit gold? South Chatham, MA

Last edited:
Hmmm. I've been thinking about an indoor herb garden for year round basil, mint and flat leaf parsley, but unfortunately the "extra" kettles I have are a bit rough looking.

Most of the kettles used for these purposes are "rough" looking. If it was an indoor garden, I would probably look for the small smokey Joes anyway.

I think it's interesting that nobody seems to want to use the cracked lid method of cooking on the Weber. I suspect most people don't know about it. I've only seen it on youtube once. Nobody talks about it. But I don't know a better way or more efficient way to crisp chicken skin on wings, drums, or thighs.

I think it's interesting that nobody seems to want to use the cracked lid method of cooking on the Weber. I suspect most people don't know about it. I've only seen it on youtube once. Nobody talks about it. But I don't know a better way or more efficient way to crisp chicken skin on wings, drums, or thighs.

Hey Mark, can you give more details on the cracked lid method ? which weber are you mentioning? a gas weber? a kettle? a smoker?

Last edited:
About 15 miles from me, but too big for to move, restore, or use.
Be happy to go look.... Or, share a latte as you pass by.
2004 Summit gold? South Chatham, MA
I went out there on Sunday and got a quick look at it, she was waiting for some one coming to look.
It appears to be a Summit Gold D4
It looked to be basically good, not hopeless, good small drip pan was loose in bottom, stamped ss grates, wasn't able to dismantle anything.
She took the listing down and won't be back for a couple of months, and phoned me to say still available
It is free, she'd like to have her Father' favorite grill have new life.
Better pix attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0672.jpg