I will just leave this here

Yeah, that was a once in a lifetime grand slam for Bruce! I am glad it worked out so well, and the buyer of it - after cleanup and some parts obtained by Bruce - still got a very nice deal.

Those seem REALLY nice! I like the size - between a "regular" 22-inch kettle and the big 26" ones. Of course, it is the double-wall construction, damper, and high-end vents that set it apart.

The lid gasket helps hold in the heat as well. I did do one cook on it before I cleaned it up, just to say I have used one. I did some wings and it was really nice to use. The hinged lid was great too. You could feel the quality in that thing.

Yah, I suppose there are some "upgrades" out there, but that is like saying, "I am selling my 2020 Mercedes to upgrade to a 2022 Porsche".

It seems that deals on grills don't last long once they are posted on TVWBB...I wonder why that is?
Yeah, if you are personally interested in something, don't post it on here first. I know a few grills that I was interested in disappeared shortly after sharing them here. Coincidence, maybe?

Yup. I'll bet he is upgrading to the weber smokey summit mountain ranch kamado.

I'm was on a wait list but I didn't pass the credit check.

I think the reason they get sold quick is simply because we tend to post deals that are really good deals. In fact, I think sometimes, the grills get sold before you can even post it on here.

Yeah, if you are personally interested in something, don't post it on here first. I know a few grills that I was interested in disappeared shortly after sharing them here. Coincidence, maybe?
He who hesitates is lost. But you can always look at it like you didn't lose out on a good deal, you just saved yourself $1000.
I posted that Summit Kamado for opinions on whether it was a good deal or not. I haven’t seen one offered on Craigslist or FB, so I needed the councel of the tvwbb brain trust.

Yeah, $1G isn’t anything to sneeze at, but I tend to be conservative with my money for such times when opportunity knocks.

Thanks again, now I have a new tool to be on the lookout for- not in any rush. It took 3 years to get the right deal on my OEM tonneau cover- they are rarely offered complete and almost never for the 6’ bed. My patience paid off and it was worth the wait imo.

Maybe a nice Kamado grill will be in the right place at the right time someday.

Cheers all.

He who hesitates is lost. But you can always look at it like you didn't lose out on a good deal, you just saved yourself $1000.
Yep, jut like that pellet popper I just bought for $199. So impressed tried to buy another for daughter's boyfriend/partner a couple days later and nope. $399 now

I posted that Summit Kamado for opinions on whether it was a good deal or not. I haven’t seen one offered on Craigslist or FB, so I needed the councel of the tvwbb brain trust.

Yeah, $1G isn’t anything to sneeze at, but I tend to be conservative with my money for such times when opportunity knocks.

Thanks again, now I have a new tool to be on the lookout for- not in any rush. It took 3 years to get the right deal on my OEM tonneau cover- they are rarely offered complete and almost never for the 6’ bed. My patience paid off and it was worth the wait imo.

Maybe a nice Kamado grill will be in the right place at the right time someday.

Cheers all.
John, you are learning the game real quick. I went through the same learning process when I first started rehabbing. I got on the Silver B and 1000 game pretty quick, but every time a WSM or Performer popped up, I would post it quick on the forum and hope for a quick reply on whether it is a good deal or not....9/10 times if the reports came back that I need to go pick it up, it was already gone an hour later. But, I learned from all of that and now I have an idea of what is what and can immediately reply that I am coming to pick it up rather than trying to post pictures here and waiting for a response or two. Now, that Summit (Komodo) coal burner, I didn't have to think twice, I was on that like stink on sh1t. But if it was posted for $400, I would have probably hesitated on lost what was still and awesome deal.

Yup. I'll bet he is upgrading to the weber smokey summit mountain ranch kamado.

I'm was on a wait list but I didn't pass the credit check.
It's pretty hard to imagine an "upgrade" from that grill. Maybe switching to pellets or something else which the seller feels is better. Many would not agree, I am sure.

Spirit 700 in Leominster, MA Is this Jeff MA's old machine?

Last edited:

Back