I will just leave this here

John, I didn’t have the setup you have but I did use a rattle can of Fluid Film to spray inside the frame of my 3000. I then pushed a bottle brush in the tubing a few times to try and push it farther than the can would spray. Figured it couldn’t hurt.

John, I didn’t have the setup you have but I did use a rattle can of Fluid Film to spray inside the frame of my 3000. I then pushed a bottle brush in the tubing a few times to try and push it farther than the can would spray. Figured it couldn’t hurt.
In addition to my truck, I use it on my garden tools, snow blower etc. and it works well.

It’s sticky but must be reapplied because it washes off.

Inside the grill frames it should be a more permanent fix since it’s not exposed to the elements.

I agree- it can’t hurt and most probably will help stop the rust from getting worse.

That looks like the basic performer I picked up last week for $10.
Yes, but $65 is “cheap” in these parts for a grill like that imo.

$10 was a great price for one of those grills.

I am still looking for a first Gen stainless steel performer in blue in pristine condition.

There is one right now for $150 but is 2 plus hours drive away, and the kettle is missing some of the enamel, so nope.

Yes, but $65 is “cheap” in these parts for a grill like that imo.

$10 was a great price for one of those grills.

I am still looking for a first Gen stainless steel performer in blue in pristine condition.

There is one right now for $150 but is 2 plus hours drive away, and the kettle is missing some of the enamel, so nope.
I was just bragging.

If you want a coal burner, you will be hard pressed to get anything better. They are cream of the crop of Weber coal burners.
I picked one up for $100 last year, cleaned it up, fixed it up and resold it for $1150 a week later. Less than two hundred invested and few hours of work. Sold 1 hour after I posted it.

Any thoughts on this?
Offer them $900 and buy it you will never need another charcoal grill/smoker forever. Even if you hate it your gonna get your money back in full it has the table and gas assist. If they won't take the 900 give them the 1000.

They are not lying about the original price.

You better run down there someone is going to buy that quickly.

Sorry John, I added some more to my post above after my initial posting. Please reread it. It will give you an idea of pricing. However, keep in mind that location has something to do with it as well.

I still believe to this day that was a divorce revenge deal or maybe stolen and resold. :unsure:

Leaning to the revenge deal of course. What a score that was.
Yah, the guy just said he was moving down south and didn't want to to take it with him. Said it was a present to him a few years ago and didn't use it much.
Just gotta have some luck once in a while I guess. I grabbed a Cub Cadet riding mower this spring. The guy said it ran but the battery was dead and he didn't know if the mower deck was good on it. It was free so I drove down and picked it up. It started right up and I drove it onto my trailer. He said he had over a dozen others wanting after he promised it to me. I think maybe he was thinking he should have asked something for it. Anyway, I put about 50 bucks in it due to damage from mice and got the mower deck put on and lubed up and it ran great. I resold it for $900. I am sure I could have gotten $1100 or so for it if I have tried. But, since I got such a great deal on it, I wasn't too disappointed in $900. That was kind of like the Kettle Performer deal. I wonder what kind of huge find I will come up with next year to make it three in a row?

Yah, the guy just said he was moving down south and didn't want to to take it with him. Said it was a present to him a few years ago and didn't use it much.
That was one heck of a present then to dump it for 100 bucks, don't buy that story how could he possibly have not done searches to get an idea what it was worth. Good for you though again never believing that story in a million years.

Back