I will just leave this here

SwissGrill???

What do you think of this one:

View attachment 57228

Even has a built-in bottle opener!!! V

This grill was originally posted at $400 but has dropped now to only $250. Based on some limited research, it was another of the several high-end all stainless grills competing for the same marketplace. It is all 304 stainless and has an infrared rear burner as well as an infrared side burner. Also includes an impressive rotisserie with a large motor. 8mm grates. Pull out tray for propane tank but advertises that it is easily converted to natural gas. I couldn't find a price that these went for. The few places I found (including Amazon) show them out of stock. You CAN get at least the basic parts (burners, flavorizer bars, thermometer). The rest, except the infrared and igniters, should last almost forever. This is the 4-burner model. They also had a 6-burner larger version as well as other grills. I think this was their flagship at the time it was made.

I have too much on my plate, or I would be interested. If you compare this to say the smaller Vieluxe, it seems to check all the boxes plus some even the Vieluxe didn't have. A Vieluxe would be cooler to own because of its history, but I doubt it would perform any better.

Anyone know anything more?
That grill looks amazing. I am sure it would clean up like new. Looks like the same quality as the Viking and Wolf I did. Love that it has IR and roti. If it were closer I may even think of replacing my Napoleon with it as it sure is built better and has the things I want.

My buddy did somewhat the opposite when he moved here from the UK. He rewired his American house to run 240 to many outlets. Of course when he moved back he had to undo all that

This is different:
I saw something similar the other day- not as nice as that one though

1C020547-54AE-46DE-B1F2-9132F09905D5.jpeg

Primo XL is a solid ceramic grill.

I don't like best offer crap on CL.

I'd make a take it now or see you later offer if you want a big heavy oval ceramic.

Not sure on parts avail or cost, or if any warranty would be transferable.

It it were an XL BGE I'd offer no more than $500.

I'd make a take it now or see you later offer if you want a big heavy oval ceramic.

This crack is in a part that BGE calls the firebox. I would anticipate it failing and look at replacement cost. This can be repaired with high temp JB weld.
20220812_111050.jpg

Now, my opinion.

If it were me, I'd run from it and look for a WSK.

I own a large BGE and it has a lifetime warranty for the ceramics. I had a crack in the base and it was replaced under warranty. I wouldn't buy a used ceramic grill unless it had a really low cost.

Last edited:

This crack is in a part that BGE calls the firebox. I would anticipate it failing and look at replacement cost. This can be repaired with high temp JB weld.
View attachment 57259
Now, my opinion.

If it were me, I'd run from it and look for a WSK.

I own a large BGE and it has a lifetime warranty for the ceramics. I had a crack in the base and it was replaced under warranty. I wouldn't buy a used ceramic grill unless it had a really low cost.
Thank you Dan for sharing you knowledge and opinions.

Yah, I did two tours in Germany and both times we had to buy a bunch of "converters" so we could run our 110V stuff over there. They were great big heavy things. When we got there, we bought used ones from other soldiers, especially ones prepping to rotate back to the states.
Good old days in the FRG!

Any thoughts on this grill?

View attachment 57257

Yes, there are certainly risks associated with buying - and owning - a used ceramic kamado. I had a Big Green Egg but sold it when I moved from Florida because I was very afraid it wouldn't survive the trip. I also found myself using it less after I got my Recteq pellet grill.

If I ever bought another ceramic grill, this would be the one - and it would certainly have to be a bargain used one. I liked my BGE, but I like that Primo is completely US made and I like the oval shape which I think gives more space for low and slow bbq. If this was at the right price, I would give it consideration after inspecting it carefully.

Back