I will just leave this here

I like the look of this a lot more than the standard logo, but the best was when the colors were inverted (silver letters and a black background). If it were me, I would have repainted it to go that route, but the matte finish here still looks really good.
I think the letters are black because the new logos have recessed letters, and Dan was able to sand the raised part, which is the non-letters, so it would be tough to reverse the colors.

BUT: That came out WAY better than I thought it would, it looks really good actually. Is it made of metal under there? I had assumed those new logos were some kind of plastique

I had totally forgotten about the Weber Pulse. I really don't think Weber needs competition for their Electric Q2400 and Q1400 grills. I wonder how long they will continue to make them. Has anyone seen one in the wild?

I had totally forgotten about the Weber Pulse. I really don't think Weber needs competition for their Electric Q2400 and Q1400 grills. I wonder how long they will continue to make them. Has anyone seen one in the wild?

Gas or charcoal grill are restricted in developments where the houses are attached from what I have heard, at least in the NY/ NJ area- condominiums and such.

An electric grill would be the only option in those circumstances.

For what it’s worth, never seen anyone with one.

John, I think those rules are dependent on the state and local regs along with the landlords rules. Around me, you can have open flame grills in most places as long as the landlord allows it.

Different areas have different rules and regulations.

My brother in law is a volunteer fireman in Northern New Jersey, and he was telling me there are restrictions about having open flame closer than 10’ to a residence. I think gas or propane grills qualify as open flame.

It made sense, and the decks on most condominiums around here are smaller than 10’ deep.

Just thought it was relevant to the conversation about electric grills.

I remember years ago a friend of mine was having some trouble with his HOA about gas grills. Some whackadoo in the HOA became convinced that propane tanks were dangerous, and that they would spontaneously explode. So his HOA banned gas grills. I remember being amazed that somebody thought a propane tank would spontaneously explode. I have never heard of that happening, not even on the news. Has anybody ever heard of a spontaneous propane tank explosion? I'm not talking about an explosion that might happen because of stupidity, I'm talking about a propane tank just sitting around, spontaneously exploding.

The kicker here is that the HOA person who banned the gas grills then improperly disposed of some used charcoal and burned her deck down! Can't make this stuff up!

Yep. I’d already be on my way for that one if it were local to me.

I like the look of this a lot more than the standard logo, but the best was when the colors were inverted (silver letters and a black background). If it were me, I would have repainted it to go that route, but the matte finish here still looks really good.

Yeah, the older logo plates had the letters / background inverted. The letters were the flat machined part and the background was recessed and painted. I thought about putting an older logo on but decided against it.

Attachments

• 1660245692681.png
    1660245692681.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
I think the letters are black because the new logos have recessed letters, and Dan was able to sand the raised part, which is the non-letters, so it would be tough to reverse the colors.

BUT: That came out WAY better than I thought it would, it looks really good actually. Is it made of metal under there? I had assumed those new logos were some kind of plastique

The logo plate is chrome plated metal. There is a distinct copper layer under the shiny layer of chrome. And, the plate is not very flat.

This pic was part way through sanding. The layer to the right of the kettle is still chrome, and then you can see the copper layer and the outer edgeby the lower right (R) symbol is sanded down to whatever base metal it is made out of. I'm not sure what the base metal is. It's slightly magnetic

1660257862156.png

I've never seen one, but I am not hopeful for their longevity. Could be a collector's item!
I picked up a Q1400 for $20 or so at a yard sale, tried it twice and it was not for me. Maybe I was spoiled by my Q1200, but I could not be bothered pre-heating the electric for 20 minutes to make one mediocre steak or a couple burgers. Induction burner and a skillet did far better during the kitchen remodel. I tried for months to sell that Q1400 and finally had to give it away to get it out of my garage (and make space for more grills). The recipient was a fraternity house which was not allowed to have a real grill, so I hope it sees some use.

I saw a Weber Pulse at the company store in Germany a couple years ago:

IMG_5717(1).jpg

IMG_2666(1).jpg

IMG_2668(1).jpg

As you can see, this thing is a much higher caliber grill than a Weber Q. In Germany, it runs on their more powerful household electric current (I guess 220), so with that it would be a very potent cooker. Not so sure how the US version, dumbed down to 110, will work.

At the time I felt this was a grill specifically aimed at the European market to high-end customers who either didn't like or couldn't use gas or charcoal.

Attachments

• IMG_2674(1).jpg
    IMG_2674(1).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0
SwissGrill???

What do you think of this one:

SwissGrill.jpg

SwissGrill2.jpgSwissGrill3.jpg
Even has a built-in bottle opener!!! V
SwissGrill 4.jpg

This grill was originally posted at $400 but has dropped now to only $250. Based on some limited research, it was another of the several high-end all stainless grills competing for the same marketplace. It is all 304 stainless and has an infrared rear burner as well as an infrared side burner. Also includes an impressive rotisserie with a large motor. 8mm grates. Pull out tray for propane tank but advertises that it is easily converted to natural gas. I couldn't find a price that these went for. The few places I found (including Amazon) show them out of stock. You CAN get at least the basic parts (burners, flavorizer bars, thermometer). The rest, except the infrared and igniters, should last almost forever. This is the 4-burner model. They also had a 6-burner larger version as well as other grills. I think this was their flagship at the time it was made.

I have too much on my plate, or I would be interested. If you compare this to say the smaller Vieluxe, it seems to check all the boxes plus some even the Vieluxe didn't have. A Vieluxe would be cooler to own because of its history, but I doubt it would perform any better.

Anyone know anything more?

View attachment 57225

View attachment 57226

View attachment 57227

As you can see, this thing is a much higher caliber grill than a Weber Q. In Germany, it runs on their more powerful household electric current (I guess 220), so with that it would be a very potent cooker. Not so sure how the US version, dumbed down to 110, will work.

At the time I felt this was a grill specifically aimed at the European market to high-end customers who either didn't like or couldn't use gas or charcoal.
If I were still living in Germany where I had 16A 240V outlets, I would be much more interested. But, here in the US with maximum 1800W, the power just isn't there for a large grill. On a related note, I seriously considered rewiring my kitchen to use a Euro toaster oven, kettle and speed oven, but frugality won out. And don't get me started on the 3100W Rowenta steam iron I left... luckily I rarely wear suits now.

View attachment 57225

View attachment 57226

View attachment 57227

Everyone else is stuck on voltage, etc of the Pulse grill that would go on top of it and here I am looking back at the original FB link and thinkin’...that’s a helluva nice cart for $50.

If I were still living in Germany where I had 16A 240V outlets, I would be much more interested. But, here in the US with maximum 1800W, the power just isn't there for a large grill. On a related note, I seriously considered rewiring my kitchen to use a Euro toaster oven, kettle and speed oven, but frugality won out. And don't get me started on the 3100W Rowenta steam iron I left... luckily I rarely wear suits now.
Yah, I did two tours in Germany and both times we had to buy a bunch of "converters" so we could run our 110V stuff over there. They were great big heavy things. When we got there, we bought used ones from other soldiers, especially ones prepping to rotate back to the states.

Back