I will just leave this here

2011 to 2016 S330. I have the enamel lid version E330

for two zone, I run all four burners on high until it hits 450, then shut of center and right for a large indirect.

Cook direct over Left and Sear, and indirect on the RH grate.

2011 to 2016 S330. I have the enamel lid version E330

for two zone, I run all four burners on high until it hits 450, then shut of center and right for a large indirect.

Cook direct over Left and Sear, and indirect on the RH grate.
Thanks! I'm just resisting the crazy, crazy urge to see if I can fix the ignitor on the right hand burner. That's the only one that doesn't light. Then again, you've got a good point. I cooked sausages, little neck clams and heated up some shrimp from left to right, but I did not use the sear burner. Does that one get super hot, or does it just make the left side super hot? At home I have a good ole 3000, so this was different what with the north south burners and all.

Also, this one is covered, and looks worse than my 1995? 3000, I suspect a combination of it being down the shore (the Atlantic Ocean is about 100 yards away) and also the cover likely traps moisture and lets it eat away at finishes.

fixing the igniter can one of a few things.
1. did it get unplugged
2. is it a little corroded
3. did the burner slide back.

If you want to spend 5 mins, pull the grate and flav bar, clean the electrode and the burner with a nail file and you might get it to light.

Sear burner has less output than the main burner. I think 10K BTUs and the main burners are 13.5K

I do 90% of my cooking on the left side with 2 or three burners.

I really don’t see these older grills on Craigslist anymore- posted for reference to you that restore grills for resale.

I really don’t see these older grills on Craigslist anymore- posted for reference to you that restore grills for resale.
They are definitely getting harder to find around here too.

That's a real beauty, you would think he would ask more for it. If he's in your area Dan, even $200 might be pushing it though.

I don't think I will be going to look at this one....

Hard to tell what it really was.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 21
I should have taken a picture of it before I scraped it off, but the red lid I'm working on now had such a heavy layer of carbon built up on it that it looked a lot like the one in the picture. Since most lids are black I just don't think we notice how dirty they can get.

Back