I will just leave this here

So I did a thing…

I joined Facebook- and the marketplace is pretty active

I typed “Weber” and this was the first listing- too bad I don’t want/ need another gas grill

Facebook marketplace is the only reason I joined Facebook too. I would love to find another Platinum series grill.

I use one for my grill rehabbing. It is disaster but it takes all my abuse and neglect and keeps on going. I did replace to two pressed wood slats with good treated decking boards though. I also welded the frame in place to provide more stability and strength. It looks terrible, but it has been invaluable in my grill rehabbing efforts over the last 5 years.
I have an old craftsman one that I use for everything, mitre saw stand, work table, painting parts, you name it.

OMG: YOu don't even want to see what is piled on my Genesis right now. In a garage with too much stuff and not enough space, it is the perfect place to put stuff while I am working out there.

Not sure.

For one, I didn’t use my real name.

Second I didn’t provide any personal details

And no links to “friends”

Lastly, I may have reported a few postings that looked suspicious:
A pristine Scamp trailer for $1,000 - one photo and listed in around five different towns in a hundred mile radius from me.

Not sure, but I did dispute it and sent in a nice mug shot of myself, they are going to let me know if I can get back in, lol

Good luck. FB is run by bots that flag stuff and since you were new, you probably have 5 strikes against you to start with. I got flagged a couple times early on as well, but I still have no real personal info, photos and my only friends are my two kids. Oh, and my name is not fully legit either.

Oh, and those scam adds are rampant on FB MP. Probably best to just ignore them and move on.

I have two FB names, one for near my home and one for wife's aunt's place about 100 miles away- both just for Marketplace. Neither is my real name, no friends, no groups. One name is sort of close. Scary thing is that the FB algorithms or whatever they are actually found people I know and suggested them as friends.

My wife has been on Facebook for years and enjoys it.

That’s her thing and it’s fine with me.

It used to freak me out when a total stranger would approach me in some public place and say something like “that’s great news about you son…”

It doesn’t bother me anymore.

I never wanted to be part of it but that Facebook marketplace is really good.

I’ll probably go back one way or another.

Since I am back on Craigslist-

0FEACE1C-9591-4C88-AC8D-2F963DE70C6F.jpeg

Things that make you go, ???????????

Lets start with the name: Performance
Different wheels in different photos of the grill
Diagonal supports to keep it from collapsing both front and back
The only redeeming things about the grill is the color and the hard to find 5 lb LP tank.
My guess is that the grill will bought eventually at a much lower price and parted out.

Things that make you go, ???????????

Lets start with the name: Performance
Different wheels in different photos of the grill
Diagonal supports to keep it from collapsing both front and back
The only redeeming things about the grill is the color and the hard to find 5 lb LP tank.
My guess is that the grill will bought eventually at a much lower price and parted out.
And a quart of lighter fluid on the lower rack.

Drench the charcoal briquettes in lighter fluid and let them sit for 10 minutes before lighting- that’s the way I was taught to do it back in the 60’s (before we had access to the arpanet).

I am looking for a performer- though sometimes my searches last for years.

That older style with the steel table is more desirable to me than the plastic of later generations. I am looking for a good condition 4th Gen deluxe version reasonably priced.

I was just looking at my grill frame this morning- it has a little sway in the side to side- those strap braces in that Craigslist listing probably hold it more “square” but look ghetto imo.

Has anyone put angle braces on the frame to stabilize?

I was looking at these:

E25C6352-8CBD-4DE2-8954-C029730133A2.jpeg

The Hillman Group 851144 3" Heavy Duty Corner Brace, Zinc Plated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EALVSFQ/?tag=tvwb-20

Painted black at the bottom four corners of the uprights/ bottom brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:
The proper way would be to replace the star nuts inside the legs as long as the frame pieces are in good condition themselves.

Back