I will just leave this here

No. I don't care that much. My intention has always been to put a colored lid on it, replace the tables with thermostat and get a black control panel. I got the donor grill earlier this year to do all that but haven't gotten around to doing so.

I'll also eventually convert it to an open cart... at least I hope to.

Rich, it looks like the cabinet floor, doors and sides are still in great shape. If you do convert to open cart, you might be able to sell those to someone else.

That model Summit is not all that great. It's a 2nd generation and made cheaply, this particular one in the photo has no redeeming extras either like heavy grates, smoker burner or rotisserie burner. There is nothing there over a Genesis

That model Summit is not all that great. It's a 2nd generation and made cheaply, this particular one in the photo has no redeeming extras either like heavy grates, smoker burner or rotisserie burner. There is nothing there over a Genesis
Thanks for the info. It's pending anyways. I did miss a free Genesis II with the open cart. It being a newer model I would think it would have been a great flip.

Picked this Genesis II E-310 freebie up yesterday morning. Covered with baked-on pollen, there were bittersweet vines growing up through the bottom of the cookbox and snaking out under the cover. I especially liked the "Shroud of Turin" effect on the right table with the outline of the spatula, grill brush, and probe thermometer etched in with pollen. Inside was pretty caked with old grease, and grease tray was filled to the brim with disgusting old grease and burned bits.
g2-11.jpg
G2-7.jpgG2-4.jpg

Cleaned up real nice.
Still need to pick up new flavorizers (you can see the old ones in the far right in the "after" picture).
Really disappointing how much subsurface bubbling rust there is on the frame already, it's a 2017 (DW date code, confirmed 2017 from Weber).
Porcelain CI grates are just OK, but usable. Everything works, and it came with 1 full tank and a half tank, and a Weber spatula.
I'll be flipping this one.
G2-3.jpg

G2-1.jpg

So you were the one who snagged it! Congrats
I was surprised at the size and heft - I can fit a Silver C and a propane tank in my CRV and close the hatch- The height (without cover) is just a little bigger so I couldn't slide this one fully in to close the hatch (I slide them in on their backs). The wheels got hung up on the wheel wells.
I don't think I'll continue with these newer grills. The paint quality (or lack of) just makes it a roll of the dice with how it's going to come out. This one looks good now, but not so much in a few more years.
I just really like the look and simplicity of the old ones. I've been collecting grills for a while- I'll take one just for the parts. I've seen some pretty bad frames, one was held together with nylon strapping tape- I should have taken a picture of that one.
I think I have three redheads, one green mica, one blue mica, two black, and two maroon. I was going to put on the blue hood when my daughter and son-in-law visited a few weeks ago (they're both Navy). I'm still looking for regular blue and green hoods (or whatever comes my way).

I was surprised at the size and heft - I can fit a Silver C and a propane tank in my CRV and close the hatch- The height (without cover) is just a little bigger so I couldn't slide this one fully in to close the hatch (I slide them in on their backs). The wheels got hung up on the wheel wells.
I don't think I'll continue with these newer grills. The paint quality (or lack of) just makes it a roll of the dice with how it's going to come out. This one looks good now, but not so much in a few more years.
I just really like the look and simplicity of the old ones. I've been collecting grills for a while- I'll take one just for the parts. I've seen some pretty bad frames, one was held together with nylon strapping tape- I should have taken a picture of that one.
I think I have three redheads, one green mica, one blue mica, two black, and two maroon. I was going to put on the blue hood when my daughter and son-in-law visited a few weeks ago (they're both Navy). I'm still looking for regular blue and green hoods (or whatever comes my way).
Thanks for the insight on the new grill. I've been picking up webers for a few years now. It started with a blue lid with "AFF" logo Genesis platinum 3000 I think?

I've since used that lid on a grill I refurbished as a present for my dad. I think I have 3 or 4 green in lids and a couple red ones. I don't have grills for them all. I've certainly had my share of junk frames as well. I used one that was ratchet strapped together when I picked it up for a while. this was after reinforcing the frame with brackets.

I've been looking at the newer stuff because it seems to sell better? I watch this guy out of Lowell on Facebook. He doesn't really restore anything just masks the problems but for every silver he sells, he seemed to sell a few of the e3xx models, and asks a lot for just doing a quick cleaning, masking the rotten floor and spray painting the flavor bars and cook box inside.

The e3xx grills almost always have rusted out floors. It's too bad because they seem like great grills otherwise.

I'm glad that the Genesis II didn't end up in his hands.

Absolutely insane to me that this was free.
You're right, it doesn't make sense. You can tell by the way it looked that it's owner never did any kind of maintenance to it. Some people are just like that, buy a new one when the old one gets dirty and basically throw the old one away even though it cost a good buck.

You're right, it doesn't make sense. You can tell by the way it looked that it's owner never did any kind of maintenance to it. Some people are just like that, buy a new one when the old one gets dirty and basically throw the old one away even though it cost a good buck.
I believe the story on that particular Genesis II. It was left with the home and the new home owner was giving it away along with a bunch of other stuff if I remember correctly.

I believe the story on that particular Genesis II. It was left with the home and the new home owner was giving it away along with a bunch of other stuff if I remember correctly.
On the other hand, I got this one for free from another member here. It's become my everyday grill.20210723_140301.jpg

That's what I was told. This is the house: 1/8 acre lot, 2BR, 1 BA- sold for $400K in May. It looks a lot better in the picture. I suspect it will be a tear-down.
birch.JPG

Back