I will just leave this here

Hmmm, Interesting. It looks to be gas as well. I wondered if maybe the Orange Crush sticker was original or added on afterwards.
If it was a Big Lots item, it was probably a sub $100 grill.

"Cosmetically not perfect but..."

Q sad.jpg

Q sad 2.jpg

Price is low, but not much to salvage on this sad Q.

Yah, that thing is a total rebuild. Even the control knob is missing. I guess if I could get it for free, it is a parts grill. At best, it would be a trip to the sand blaster and a new set of grates and likely burners, but then you are looking at something close $100 not including your time.

I could use one of those handle bushings though.

I would agree. The bushings, maybe the regulator 🧐, and the legs and bottom - parts to fix other Qs. The busted lid is worthless.

I would keep almost all of it. Lid, bottom, frame, igniter and electrode, bushings on both lid and legs, drip pan, regulator for sure, and burners if they are still good. It is hard to tell, but the grates are possible salvageable. Sometimes, it is just a matter of knocking off the rust and crud to expose some nice not coated CI grates underneath. All those parts would be worth having in inventory if you plan to rehab more Q grills. I did not notice the lid was busted.

I would keep almost all of it. Lid, bottom, frame, igniter and electrode, bushings on both lid and legs, drip pan, regulator for sure, and burners if they are still good. It is hard to tell, but the grates are possible salvageable. Sometimes, it is just a matter of knocking off the rust and crud to expose some nice not coated CI grates underneath. All those parts would be worth having in inventory if you plan to rehab more Q grills. I did not notice the lid was busted.
Left side handle mount

Ships for $3.45

Don't you just love FaceBook Marketplace:unsure:...They just HAVE to do something about all the stupid items that no one would ever ship for the prices shown. This one shows a brand new SmokeFIre EX-4 ready to ship for $3.45 - Media Mail, no less. Right.

SmokeFire in box.png

Yah, that is interesting. It looks like a rehab. Do you know the guy?
It would be interesting to know if the guy gets his price...I have my doubts.

I think more likely is that the seller checked the box for shipping without any idea of what that would do. Not sure how FB would decide it could ship media mail🧐!
Who knows for sure. Maybe FB somehow determined it was a book he was selling or something like that. I have never gone through the process to allow shipping so I don't know if they ask for more details on the product or not. But, whatever the process is, it is not working very well and I have no idea why FB hasn't made changes to their system to solve that issue. It has to be irritating and confusing a lot of users and has been for a looong time now.

I've been looking for that grill and color scheme locally for a while now. I had one and in hind sight should've never let it go but it was a weak moment for me. It was the victim of an electrical meltdown of epic proportions behind the control panel before I picked it up. The original owner actually bought it back from me after I rehabbed it because it was her dad's grill and he had since passed. Despite wanting another one, I would still have to say no to the custom side table model at this price point.

Back