I will just leave this here

Agreed Joe. That is what I saw as well. I don't think those were ever "refinished" before either.

Has anyone taken a wire wheel to a dirty set of porcelain coated Q grates that are otherwise in good shape?

I am just trying to decide if that is a good idea to try or not.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’m the only one that spends time and sweat rehabbing a grill, and then is reluctant to use it and get it dirty. Even my contemporary grills, I’m obsessed with them looking pristine to excess. I don’t even want anyone else touching them. Is there a support group to help with my anxiety?

I am just the opposite. Once a grill is "seasoned, I see no reason to "unseason" it. To me it is a lifetime situation. But, I know the buyers really prefer the "pristine" look.

I don’t think I’m the only one that spends time and sweat rehabbing a grill, and then is reluctant to use it and get it dirty. Even my contemporary grills, I’m obsessed with them looking pristine to excess. I don’t even want anyone else touching them. Is there a support group to help with my anxiety?
I cleaned up my main grill, a Genny 4000, about three weeks ago. Grilled several times since, but using my Q300 because the Genny looks so good right now.

As I type this I realize how ridiculous I sound. Doing steaks tomorrow!!!!

I think someone posted one of these several months ago. The general concensus if I recall correctly, was that they are upper tier in quality.

Yes- measure the grill to get sq inch area then divide by 25. This is how many friends you need to invite over. Then you go to the grocery and buy enough 70/30 ground beef to accommodate at least 1/2 lb per person. Drink several beers, grill everyone burgers, and you should feel this anxiety leaving your system.

Yes- measure the grill to get sq inch area then divide by 25. This is how many friends you need to invite over. Then you go to the grocery and buy enough 70/30 ground beef to accommodate at least 1/2 lb per person. Drink several beers, grill everyone burgers, and you should feel this anxiety leaving your system.
I do all of that, it doesn’t help.

Attachments

• 35080904-EF41-463A-9984-7F27F7439660.jpeg
    35080904-EF41-463A-9984-7F27F7439660.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 21
  • ECF03C34-B215-4610-B921-516A9A7724E1.jpeg
    ECF03C34-B215-4610-B921-516A9A7724E1.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 21
I cleaned this firebox but i missed a noticable spot above the left burner. Any thoughts on how i can spot clean this and how to approach this without disassembling it again

20220424_065423.jpg20220424_073345.jpg

Last edited:
I assume this is a rehab/flip grill. Otherwise throw a half dozen burgers on there and you will blend it in with the rest of the fire box. I think what I might do is cover the burner, but spray some good grill/oven cleaner on the area, wait 15 minutes and hit it with some house hold steel wool. Put a bucket under the cook box for the gunk to drain into.

Thanks Bruce,
The Grill was Mine that I was passing along to My Ex-Wife. I showed her the pics and she said it was okay after all. She just has seen how I take care of my own Grills and I did not want to disappoint her with anything less. Appreciate the Reply though Bruce. I will remember that if I make that mistake again.

Thanks Bruce,
The Grill was Mine that I was passing along to My Ex-Wife. I showed her the pics and she said it was okay after all. She just has seen how I take care of my own Grills and I did not want to disappoint her with anything less. Appreciate the Reply though Bruce. I will remember that if I make that mistake again.
If I was giving my Ex wife a grill it would be with the gas line rigged to explode

And I just saw this one. Someone in South Texas restoring a Summit? Brand new firebox for a Summit S670 for $50.

Back