I will just leave this here

"We have said this before here, but the truth is that our standards and expectations are very different from the market Weber is aiming for. We are an off the beaten path, tiny minority............"
This! We backyard bbq nut-jobs don't swell Weber's bank balance/share price as much as we'd like to think. Being an enthusiast is a niche market for them. Weber have a marketing department that run the numbers, and they know what sells & where.
One thing that did confound me was the pizza accessory that wasn't available in the US. I couldn't get my head round that. For me pizza is almost synonymous with apple pie and the US.

I would guess the vast majority of their customers are random grillers. They don't have multiple grills, do mods, have a ton of charcoal in the shed, get up at stupid o'clock to get the grill up and running, very few gizmos, etc. I don't know anyone, who has a grill, who would even think of rolling up three racks of ribs and sticking them in the kettle....using the snake method.

(I could be way off base here).

This! We backyard bbq nut-jobs don't swell Weber's bank balance/share price as much as we'd like to think. Being an enthusiast is a niche market for them. Weber have a marketing department that run the numbers, and they know what sells & where.
One thing that did confound me was the pizza accessory that wasn't available in the US. I couldn't get my head round that. For me pizza is almost synonymous with apple pie and the US.

I would guess the vast majority of their customers are random grillers. They don't have multiple grills, do mods, have a ton of charcoal in the shed, get up at stupid o'clock to get the grill up and running, very few gizmos, etc. I don't know anyone, who has a grill, who would even think of rolling up three racks of ribs and sticking them in the kettle....using the snake method.

(I could be way off base here).
In the Northeast US pizza shops are on every street corner. Great selection, low prices and fast. The hardcore enthusiast is likely to forego a grill and built a brick oven.

I would guess only 1% of the Weber grill owners have the ring of fire in their backyard. 3 kettles, 2 smokers, a couple of gas grills type of set-up. They rarely buy new and the buy aftermarket fuel and accessories. It’s an open source type of system as opposed to an IPhone where you are a subscriber to a service.

Whether Weber can figure out how to lock you in remains to be seen.

That is interesting. I wonder if they are permanently fastened together. I notice they have replacement wheels on it.

Not a Weber but probably interesting to some of you nostalgic grill nuts out there.

275053521_7103985056338943_6205665114383560604_n.jpg

I was hoping you would share details on the wide wood slats. Where do you source the wood, how you stain it, how do you seal it.

I have a 1990 Genesis 3 that I am going to restore as a personal grill and am thinking of doing wide redwood slats.

I think this is one you had listed on FBM last fall.

View attachment 50370
Sure no problem Dan, I'd be happy to share with you. Wood is redwood already sanded on both sides. The size( I think 3.5'wide ) is from Lowes. I usually purchase the longer length which leaves for little waste. I first apply a Teak Oil seal, which may or may not help seal the wood but sure does brings out the rich colors in the this wood. Lastly, I seal 2x with MinWax Helsman Outdoor satin or low sheen wood seal also found at Lowes. My techniques take extra time but I have found many ways to efficiently streamline the process and still have fun.

I'm advertising/selling a Natural Gas 310 in excellent condition on Craigslist. The title says "Natural Gas". The description says "Natural Gas", yet 3 people have contacted me and when I mention to them (to confirm) that it is a natural gas grill, they tell me they are looking for propane or have to talk to their handyman.

Welcome to FB MP and CL. To be fair, it is not limited to online selling sites. I rent my camper and list everything, but people still ask if it has A/C or how much it is per night, or can I tow it with a Prius?

I really don't know what to say about this. He has several ads on FBM selling grills.
"Overhaul top to bottom'- still has crap in the drip pan, bottom tray filthy, inside firebox not too clean, either.
"All the grates and burner tubes are in good condition"- well, two out of three aren't rusted out, but need cleaning. Crossover tube does look newer.
I like the floor patch repairs, but I guess the tank scale will no longer function as intended. The angle bracket and straps and silver paint (mostly) covering up the rust on the left side is a nice touch.
However, it does have new flavorizer bars.
Can't imagine someone buying this for $400. I'd pass on it for free (although might take it for the flavorizer bars).
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:e54a3bff-b1b7-44ef-b14d-1e65d0256932
weber2.JPG
weber1.JPG

I really don't know what to say about this. He has several ads on FBM selling grills.
"Overhaul top to bottom'- still has crap in the drip pan, bottom tray filthy, inside firebox not too clean, either.
"All the grates and burner tubes are in good condition"- well, two out of three aren't rusted out, but need cleaning. Crossover tube does look newer.
I like the floor patch repairs, but I guess the tank scale will no longer function as intended. The angle bracket and straps and silver paint (mostly) covering up the rust on the left side is a nice touch.
However, it does have new flavorizer bars.
Can't imagine someone buying this for $400. I'd pass on it for free (although might take it for the flavorizer bars).
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1841160162750231?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:e54a3bff-b1b7-44ef-b14d-1e65d0256932
View attachment 50706
View attachment 50708
That's clapped out! Looks like it will fall apart before making it to the trash heap. lol

Ralph, I have seen that where someone would just buy new flav bars or new grates, and they refer to the grill and fully refurbished. Shameful

Back