I will just leave this here

This one was closer.

20220520_220021.jpg

My finders fee was a half full propane tank.

Lid has some fade. Flav bars are toast.
Grates in good shape burners in good shape.

Perfect grill for a house of college age girls.

The Future is Now, When they start making Electric Grills to look like gas grills, the wave is coming…

Attachments

• C7717728-6266-4C1A-AEAD-8CE4D5EA5756.jpeg
    C7717728-6266-4C1A-AEAD-8CE4D5EA5756.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 11
I dropped it off at my friend's 30 mins after I picked it up. He's going to redo the wood and paint it. We'll see how the lid cleans up. It looks like it is faded.
That's an old one, a genesis 2. It should be no problem to restore function, but it's probably got more problems than a faded hood. Sure, the wood is shot but the frame looks pretty bad from the picture also.

That's an old one, a genesis 2. It should be no problem to restore function, but it's probably got more problems than a faded hood. Sure, the wood is shot but the frame looks pretty bad from the picture also.
Frame was solid. A little surface rust on the front but otherwise in good shape.

Edit this is just surface rust.

20220522_234451.jpg

Tom, I picked it up and it's mint. If you wipe off the little ash dust and grease, it could pass for new. PM your address and I'll work on getting it boxed up.
Circling back to this this one to give a shout out to @Mack Manning. You, sir, are a rock star. Mack posted earlier about a Char Q that was available in his area and offered to grab it and send it along if someone wanted it. I definitely wanted it and Mack did all of the heavy lifting to pick it up, pack it, and ship it to me all out of the goodness of his heart. He delivered as promised and I couldn’t be happier. TVWBB fellowship at its’ best. Way to go Mack and thanks again!

Well, I don't even think that cover is from another grill. It looks more like a piece of industrial duct work to me. It is a cool idea, but probably kinda heave and it doesn't cover the sides of the grill.

Yeah and that extra silver shelf I guess keeps that shroud/duct from scratching up the control panel. Definitely a hodgepodge, but the owner had a plan!

Interesting cover idea. Probably works great to keep the lid from acquiring fade, and if it's made of ducting it's probably pretty lightweight. Definitely a franken, but who here has a truly stock, OEM complete grill anyway? There's even a little cover for the control panel! I like it, but I'm also glad it's not my responsibility :) Definitely worth 40 bananas though.

I think it’s a great alternative to the standard rubberized canvas cover, it keeps the elements off of the essentials and allows any moisture to dry. It would be cool to have it painted and with a big Weber logo.

What I mean is, my grill looks stock. But I do have RCP flavorizers and grates, and I deleted my flip up tables and side burner. So in a way, it is not stock. All that said, the one you posted Dan is more Franken than usual, maybe mine is just a Dr. Jeckyll.

I probably should have said the bone-stock Silver B is in the garage.

The "1000 silver B" I use has pieces and parts from 1990, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2005, yet it still looks like a Silver B...

1653668421190.png

Back