I will just leave this here

Only $250 and it comes with shelves for potted plants. "Might need to change battery on click start."

Just needs a new battery for the "click start". That is funny. I would message the guy and say you will take it if he puts a new battery in and gets the "click start" working.

I don't know anything about those grills but that looks like a quality grill. Looks fullly stainless, has the IR roto burner. It might simply need a new lid.
True. Your comment motivated me to research it but a quick google search turned up nothing but a parts site. Personally, I don't like that monolithic stainless death-star aesthetic.

Just needs a new battery for the "click start". That is funny. I would message the guy and say you will take it if he puts a new battery in and gets the "click start" working.
Really illustrates our plug and play culture. He knows it was once a nice grill so it must be worth $250 and if the igniter doesn't work, must be the battery.

Here is a very well used Napoleon Rouge 425 for $50. Looks like no rust but lots and lots of cleaning required. And maybe a new sear burner?

And this DSC grill for $50 has been out there for a while. There was even a Lynx grill for not much more for sale.

Here is a very well used Napoleon Rouge 425 for $50. Looks like no rust but lots and lots of cleaning required. And maybe a new sear burner?
The Grillgrates alone are worth twice as much as the price and it has an IR Burner. I would get that if it were by me.
1643830909691.png

I'd be tempted to grab it if it weren't 4.5 hours each way. If it were free, maybe I'd do it anyway. But at $275, it would have to belong to my next door neighbor.

Ok. At some point they added casters. I've got two frames with just straight legs.
It is a Genesis 2000.....At least that is what the owners manual says.
Yes, you are right. I didn't see that. ER code on the manual is '96, and the pic in the manual has casters.

I'm confused, again.

edit: And it has the old style whitewall wheels like on my 1990 Genesis 3.
edit2: and the tilt up left hand table vs the slider table.
edit3: The control panel doesn't have a number on it. The newer ones I collected have 8006 on them. The older ones have no number.

Maybe it's a hybrid, but really... Who would mix parts from different year grills?

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to grab it if it weren't 4.5 hours each way. If it were free, maybe I'd do it anyway. But at $275, it would have to belong to my next door neighbor.
While not restored to "Bruce quality", I don't think that's too much money for one in that condition. It does take all the fun out of doing it yourself though.

Ok. At some point they added casters. I've got two frames with just straight legs.

Yes, you are right. I didn't see that. ER code on the manual is '96, and the pic in the manual has casters.

I'm confused, again.

edit: And it has the old style whitewall wheels like on my 1990 Genesis 3.
edit2: and the tilt up left hand table vs the slider table.
edit3: The control panel doesn't have a number on it. The newer ones I collected have 8006 on them. The older ones have no number.

Maybe it's a hybrid, but really... Who would mix parts from different year grills?
Dan, I don't think you're crazy. I don't think that owners manual belongs to that grill. In addition to the discrepancies you caught, notice that the grill also has the older style straight pointer tank scale that goes to the right of the frame. There are too many things that don't add up to a 1996 grill.

Back