I will just leave this here

Yah, Roy, that is a parts grill. Not only is the cabinet a mess, but it looks like the front right lip on the cook box is eaten away or maybe just broken off. Not sure, maybe just a thing with the photo.

But, hey, free is free and if you can save and use just one part, it is probably a winner.

I think as time keeps marching on, these may be the grills that are available to restore. Unfortunately, they, too, are becoming orphaned with already no drip trays available, and probably other parts as well. Then there is the rust problem. A cottage industry could be to make replacement cabinet parts and, if someone was really ambitious, drip trays, too.

Yeah. I'm not running out to get it because I don't know that any of the parts would be useful with my Platinum or my 1000. The Platinum needs a drip tray, as the current one, while still usable, is showing major rust. Fortunately that part is still available. Would set me back $50. So I'll likely grab another Silver/Gold/Platinum when one shows up closer to home. In truth, though, if I value my time, would be way smarter to just pay the $50.

I just read that ebay listing. How could you claim to have spent $375 for flavorizer bars (5), burner tubes, ignitor, grill "plates" (assume grates), thermometer and cover? Do covers cost $200 or something? Because I'm coming up with around $200 total for flavorizers, burners, grates, thermometer and ignitor. I don't use covers and have never bought one. Anyway, they could at least clean it up a little bit if they ask such a price. Geez Louise!

I just read that ebay listing. How could you claim to have spent $375 for flavorizer bars (5), burner tubes, ignitor, grill "plates" (assume grates), thermometer and cover? Do covers cost $200 or something? Because I'm coming up with around $200 total for flavorizers, burners, grates, thermometer and ignitor. I don't use covers and have never bought one. Anyway, they could at least clean it up a little bit if they ask such a price. Geez Louise!
NYC area, could be Queens, Bronx or even… Yonkers. Lol

Well, if he spent that much for parts, he is very naive. I can put SS solid rod grates, 16 gauge flavo bars and a new igniter on a Silver B for much less than $100. It sure doesn't look like he has new grates on that thing.

Someone that doesn't know what they have. A skyline but there is absolutely no indication that is what it is. It has the signature condiment basket but no mention of Skyline in the description and no picture of the outside of the lid.

Someone that doesn't know what they have. A skyline but there is absolutely no indication that is what it is. It has the signature condiment basket but no mention of Skyline in the description and no picture of the outside of the lid.

Yeah, just a really old POS grill to most folks. Throw it out and buy a new one with zero character for $1,000 built from really thin stainless which will rust out in five years.

Back